Do you laugh when members take trolls seriously?

Mostly it's because they don't read our responses before answering

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 8:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Just for Fun

• My favorite is when we get scolded for not taking them seriously. Like it is somehow our responsibility to protect the trolls from the meanies here.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:14 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I probably provide lots of chuckles around here then. I try not to assume that someone is a troll, but then again I'm not here enough to notice when they reincarnate into a new member after deleting old accounts. I usually get it by the 15th page. LOL.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:40 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Yeah, always read the responses first when it comes to crazy questions. They're usually the best part anyway.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:15 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• When it's a one off. When it happens every single time, it starts to look a lot more like collusion than gullibility.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• In this section, when there are over 30 responses the chances that someone is a trollin' are pretty high
    When there are 40+ read the damn thread- we just don't have that kind of activity
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:10 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• For the most part they should be easy enough to spot, especially if you just glance over the first page of responses.

And that goes hand in hand with a related issue - if someone sees some reference popping up all of sudden in other sections and has no idea where it came from, they should spend 2 minutes looking around at other questions before speaking and making a fool of themselves. It might be entertaining once or twice to watch a righteously indignant tantrum when someone takes an obviously sarcastic question seriously, but over and over again, it's like a Brittney Spears album - same melody, different words.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:23 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Yes and no. I was told to be nice to the trolls so sometimes I give a serious response. Like to the girl who had her baby tomorrow and she has no milk in her boobs. As much as I wanted to make a comment, I had to reply seriously. Still I may go back and find a nice picture for that one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:35 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I err on the side of caution... sometimes.

For the most part they should be easy enough to spot, especially if you just glance over the first page of responses.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I tend to give a benefit of a doubt, but now I'm so jaded regarding new users, I assume they are trolls before even reading the question.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:28 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Gullible isn't even in the dictionary....
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2013