Do you still read to/with your teenager?

Why/why not? If so, what do you and your teen like to read?

cmarielin

Asked by cmarielin at 11:30 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• This is actually a very good question. My son is 13 and has a learning disability and reading has not come easy, so we really should read and practice a lot more, even still at his age. But I've slacked off. Thanks for the reminder!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:39 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Ya know I am not there yet but I will if my kids are open to it. I have a 5 and 7 year old right now we read daily. my 7 year old reads aloud to me or my daughter as he is supposed to read aloud for 15 minutes a day by his school. My Dad and I used to share books when I was a teen. We both were into the same type of books so when one of us found a good one we would give it to the other when finished. I used to read 3 to 4 books a week. Sigh.... that was before motherhood. Now I am lucky if I read one of my own once a month.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 8:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• No, but we do share books. She is reading the twilight series and I started it. We talk about the books and what we learned from each one and all the story lines. SHes way ahead of me because she has more time, so I told her to not ruin it for me...LOL
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:35 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Yes he's 14 - only because he probably wouldn't read it on his own. Its "Sex has a price tag". He says mom you read it to me I'm not reading it! We just read about Paying now and playing later (sex within marriage OR playing now and paying later (REGRETS) And pregnanices and abortions chapter. It covers all and more. I wish we could just skip to age 25 for him. lol
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 1:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009