Is there a pill i can take to increase my breast milk

lillysmommy1985

Asked by lillysmommy1985 at 10:52 AM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Fenugreek- it's an herb. You can find it in the vitamin aisle

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• im interested to know this as well. no matter how much I put my daughter on my boob nothing really comes out. I keep trying to build it up but its just slowly dwindling. ive been stuck on only 1-2 real full feedings now. id like to get it back up. i'll pop back to see if anyone else has answers lol but I THINK that there is.. I just dunno the name. My cousins friend is a lesbian and she and her wife had a baby. and the one who wasn't preg. took something to make her body produce milk as well.. so they both fed the baby.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 10:57 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:01 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• no matter how much I put my daughter on my boob nothing really comes out.

How do you know?
    Is the child having the appropriate number of soiled diapers?
    On a steady growth curve?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:07 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• because she fusses and cries from hunger. I feel empty and usually when feeding her (and she is getting milk) there will be some on the tip of my nipple or on or around her mouth but nothing.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:09 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• im not worried about her growth because I started having to supplement with formula. (for those times when she is going crazy screaming and wanting food from my boob.. ) I know she prefers my boob too. im warm she enjoys cuddling but she gets so frustrated when nothing happens. so I give her a bottle after awhile of trying and then she is happy. only thing out of ordinary on her growth curve is her length. she is in the 0 percentile..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:12 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Google and see if there is a Le Leche League in your area. I had a time breastfeeding my youngest due to stress. My ex kept moving in and out of the house causing drama. The stress reduced my milk supply so I had to give up and start her on formula. Sometimes it happens. You can still cuddle closely with a bottle

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I feel empty- Once you get the baby on a routine you shouldn't feel full unless you've missed a feeding.
    Sometimes baby isn't fussing from hunger but because they want to use you as a paci. It's often referred to as comfort nursing.
    It actually feels different than feeding nursing.
    Supplementing is going to reduce your milk supply.

I am concerned about her growth- 0% is FTT. Has your (nursing supportive) doc addressed it?
    I notice you've not posted in the breastfeeding group. They have lactation consultants. They may be able to help.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:29 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• my supply really dropped when we were in the process of moving.. I tossed it up to stress.. at night she totally pacifies herself on me but she acts different. like tired and rubs her eyes. this is just yelling for food. before I give her a bottle I try to keep her on.. even if nothings happening im hoping eventually something will come?? idk Im not well versed in how it works as this is the longest ive ever breastfed. the dr said at 4 months she was at 3% amd now its 0%-- they aren't worried as she may just be short and developmentally is doing great.
    thanks for the link feralxat.. im going to check it out. and sorry OP - I TOTALLY HIJACKED YOUR POST LOL
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 11:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2013

• You can take fenugreek, drink mother's milk tea, and eat old fashioned oatmeal (the cooked type not the instant.)
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:43 AM on Aug. 30, 2013