Hairstyles for uncontrollable, wavy hair??

Alright so im not the type of mom to get up early every day just to do my hair. Most of the time I throw my hair up in a bun and im good to go. But I want to do something different. My hair is wavy, and not the pretty kind of waves, the frizzy, ugly kind. It takes a good 45 minutes to dry and straighten my hair (which is RARE), but most of the time I shower at night, and let it air dry. I don't even know why it's so frizzy since I don't color it, and rarely use heat to style it. Anyway im getting off topic, what are some different hairstyles for my kind of hair?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Layers
    A good gentle sulfate free shampoo and conditioner,a curling balm,and mousse. Air dry,then smooth down the top layer with a lightweight wax.
    I feel your pain. My hair looks like a wasps nest most days in this humidity

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I have wavy/curly hair. I wet my hair down daily and then put dove mouse in it to stop the frizzies. weting it down makes it curl back up. I never straighten my hair. I leave it natural.

Answer by louise2 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• When's that last time you had a haircut?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I agree Layers(I have thick wavy hair too) and I use products with argan oil in it seems to help me with the frizz
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I have thick wavy frizzy curly hair. I wear it most often in a bun that straightens and smooths it out. For a classic look, I wear a french twist. Hair smoothers work wonders also.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:23 PM on Sep. 9, 2013

• Oh, I would ixnay on the layers - just more hair to try to tame at different levels.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2013