Taking advantage much?

so a friend of mine has been wanting me to do a family photo session for months now, keeps rescheduling on me, and now wants me to do it this sunday. the thing is is she lives in the city, i live in the country, and we're about 30 minutes apart. she knew upfront that i would charge her $50 for an hour long session and had no problem with it.
well when the weekend was coming up that we were going to do it, she said she didn't have the money. i said no problem, i trust you ill do the session and you can pay me later. (besides, i could have held them until she paid anyway, or only released a few to her)
well she agreed, and then something else came up and we had to reschedule again.
now she thinks i was going to come out there htis sunday, though i never said that was happening lol... i told her i cant, i already had to go out there tonight to drop my kids off with their dad (they live near eachother) but, i could find a nice place out here to do it. that wasn't okay with her, she can't afford to drive out here apparently. i told her okay, ill come out there if you have the money for the session, and she doesnt have the money for that either. so i said i guess we'll have to wait til either of us can afford it. because when i first told her id do it for free, it was before the court order forced me to drive out there and take my kids once already. i jsut feel like damn... how greedy can you be? [vent]

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• well, not that i ever told her id do it for FREE, just told her she could pay me later.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I've learned to never be surprised by the narcissistic world some people live in
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I don't think you are being unreasonable. Don't reschedule until she has the money. You have to cover your gas too. I have a feeling you'd be waiting a while for payment & that would just damage or strain the friendship. OK- it's the weekend, now relax, you're kid-free! Celebrate, have a girls' night out or something :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:03 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• R-E-L-A-X? what does this word mean? ;)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I agree with you. You are doing her a favor, not the other way around.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• haha-
    been there done that
    have you run across the people who dont want to schedule a proof and insist you give them everything shot?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

•   Well, "Relaxing"  can start w/ some of these! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

•  Or if you're not a drinker, try one of these! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• There are people in the world who try to get everything they can for nothing. It sucks when those people happen to be friends of yours. Been there, done that. I agree; don't reschedule till she has the money, and either you're already driving out that way or she agrees to pitch in for the gas. Feeling taken advantage of won't help your friendship any.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• When it comes to business. Do not do people favors. Have the money up front or you will do nothing for her. That is how I feel about it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2013