why is my adult daughter so disrespectul and hostile to me

I have tried for years to communicate with a 64 year old daughter to no avail,, out of seven children she is the only rude one

jackiepepper9

Asked by jackiepepper9 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I wish I could help you. I have 2 that do that to me.

Answer by louise2 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Sounds like she's mad at you for something.
    What does she say you did to her that was so wrong?
    Could she be justified in her anger towards you?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• your daughter is 64? I think you win the award for oldest CM member then.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I don't honestly know; I take her meals as she hates cooking, her other siblings do not communicate with her as she is always right??? and her friends have abandoned her....I love her but feel very badly that she talks to me so rudleyl; today, she told me to go to h----that hurt so much
    jackiepepper9

Comment by jackiepepper9 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Those aren't bad odds (6/7) Would she be willing to do some family counseling w/ you? Could she have some form of mental illness or has this be an ongoing situation? I guess count your blessings that you have a good relationship w/ 6 of your 7 children. Hopefully you can get her to come around before it's too late. If not, at least you know you tried & never gave up on her. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:36 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Maybe she's suffering some age related health issues. Depression perhaps?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Wow, thank you all for your very helpful answers, you have made my day,,,,I feel very badly as I have always loved being a Mom,,,,,my other six children are so wonderful,,,,yes you are right six out of seven is not all that bad,,,,many thanks to all of you wonderful people who took the time to answer,,,xoxo
    jackiepepper9

Comment by jackiepepper9 (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• She may be going through an issue like a relationship, work, money etc. We always hurt the ones we love the most :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Thank youal' so very much for taking the time to answer;;;;; I really appreciate your response ,,,,,,I feel better now,,,,it's so good to know that someone cares,,,,wow,,,,many thanks,,,oxoxox
    jackiepepper9

Comment by jackiepepper9 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• It sounds as if you aren't the only person your daughter has issues with. She seems to have difficulty maintaining close relationships, which is kind of sad, but it seems unlikely that the problem has as much to do with you personally as it does with her, since her friends and siblings have pulled away. I'm sorry things have worked out that way. Hopefully you don't have to give up on your daughter completely, but you don't deserve to be verbally abused by her, or treated porly. It's okay for you to set loving but firm boundaries with her, and walk away when she starts being disrespectful or unkind. Tell her you'll be glad to talk to her when she can be fit company. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2013