After multiple cheating and lies, my husband is continuing to lie to me...time for a divorce?

calynn79

Asked by calynn79 at 7:18 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Relationships

• I can't tell you what you should do, but for me it probably would have been time for a divorce awhile ago.
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 7:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Multiple? Hell no! More like ONCE!
    The only reason it keeps happening is because you allowed it to be ok the first time!

Grow a pair, move on, and be happy!!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• i've filed for divorce and we have separated numerous times. I suppose I just have faith we can work it out but am finally realizing we can't. I just feel like I don't want to be a quitter but come on! I forgave him having a 3 month sexual relationship, found out he had sex with another woman a year before this and then a year after I forgave him for that, I find out he was texting another woman from 5am to 4:30 in the afternoon everyday for weeks. He says they were "just friends" but deleted the texts! That was in February. A month ago I find out that he financed a $3000 toolbox without even telling me and he went to a race over the weekend and lied to my face about where he got the money. He has lied to me for years and now I am finally just over it. I tried to forgive him his infidelities but he continues to lie! I think my biggest reservation is our kids, I just don't want to make life hard for them.
    calynn79

Comment by calynn79 (original poster) at 7:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Sounds like he isn't going to change, so if you're done being lied to, it's time to move on. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• STAYING will make life hard for them. And will teach them it's OK to lie and mess around. You want to do the best thing in the world for your kids? Divorce this bum. He's not even a real man.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• You deserve better than this.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:38 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• the sad thing is, I have a 12 year old and 6 year old daughter and DO NOT want them growing up to think it's ok to be treated like this. I want them to find respectful men that love them and treat them right
    calynn79

Comment by calynn79 (original poster) at 7:44 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• DUH!
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• the sad thing is since you have stayed this long, they will not know what is means to be respected by men.

Please do right for yourself and girls. They deserve to be in a better environment too.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:21 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Just go. Get away from him. You and your DDs need a break from him, permantly.

Answer by louise2 at 9:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2013