how to keep my breast milk from drying up while im pregnant with my 2nd child

hi everyone, just curious if anyone knows any tricks to keeping breast milk flowing while being pregnant with my 2nd child, my first born is 7mths and im currently 1.5mnths with my 2nd and i dont want to not breast feed. any help is so very much appreciated and also thanks in advance for any and all replies

emiiandkids616

Asked by emiiandkids616 at 8:46 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• why would you want to keep it going if you do not want to BF???
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• double negative
    "don't want to not breastfeed"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Do you meen the you are currently breastfeeding and want to continue throughout pregnancy or do you mean that you have stopped but want to be able to breastfeed the second one. I get confused sometimes.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• darn typos mean, not meen
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Thanks Butterfly... I read that wrong!

OP... just keep BF'ing... that should do it... if your DOC says it's OK that is (which is super important!!)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• lol i apologize i thought i was clear let me try again... i am bf and want to continue but heard its likely that i could dry up while im pregnant, i dont want this to happen. because i strictly bf only.... so can anyone help
    emiiandkids616

Comment by emiiandkids616 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• You dry up because of conflicting hormones. The hormone that allows you to breastfeed, is the same one that causes contractions. Not saying you can't carry to term, but it's going to be difficult. You will most definitely want to consult your OB on this one.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Kellymom.
    What you are talking about is tandem nursing
    GL.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Continue nursing your first. That's paramount. "More Milk Plus Two" is the only supplement safe during pregnancy. You can also eat oatmeal. Other than that, you have to roll with it. Its very possible the milk will change and baby will refuse it.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:59 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• thank you so much for all the responses i appreciate it ill contact my mid wife
    emiiandkids616

Comment by emiiandkids616 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Aug. 31, 2013