8th Grade daughter being inadvertently threatened by boy in her class. What are my rights?

Last year (7th grade) this boy inadvertently threatened my daughter 4 times. Once telling other students that he draws pics of her at home and shoots them, another was during a class discussion with a teacher and asked the teacher what would happen if he wanted her dead, another was playing violent (the song that goes "all I want to do is {gun shots} and take your money{) lyrics on the bus on his Ipod and staring at her, and another when she was home sick and told the kids in class that he hoped she was dead. All my daughter did was turn him down to wear his football jersey as she knew he liked her and didn't want to lead him on by accepting. His excuse for doing these things according to the Superintendent is that she annoys him. I was hoping it would be different this year but here we are 2nd week of school and today he said "If we were allowed to bring guns to school, Christina wouldn't last a week." What do I do???

matanda12

Asked by matanda12 at 9:25 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• If the school isn't doing anything then call the cops.

Which is what I would have done last year.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Go to the school and demand they do something about it. That's what. Maybe call the police .

Answer by louise2 at 9:28 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Report it to the principal and higher administration. I would send an email and copy all of the big players. I would demand that they deal with the problem and then would sit back and wait to see if they respond to me. If they didn't, I would contact the police. Actually, I might be tempted to contact the police anyway.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Tell the school you're calling the police if they do not gather up the kid and his parents for a meeting by week's end...then do it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I did call the police last year and also talked to a neighboring school districts school child physiologist. Nothing came of any of it. :( I would have been more detailed but I didn't have much space left on my original question. The other thing was that the school told me that they are not allowed to tell me if they punish him or not because it's against some kind of rule.....is that true?
    matanda12

Comment by matanda12 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "inadvertently"

What this boy has done is make direct threats.
    What state are you in and I will tell you your rights
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:31 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• This is a boy who is IEP and ADD. There are several other kids who have had problems with this same kid, one mom held her kid back so he wouldn't be in the same class as him........I don't think I've been stern enough. Maybe I will just go in and raise hell......I can't believe I would have to do that......why can't the right thing just be done??? :(
    matanda12

Comment by matanda12 (original poster) at 9:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I am in Central Montana. Class C school....everyone knows everyone INCLUDING the local police officers. :(
    matanda12

Comment by matanda12 (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• After I reported this to the police last year they did stop in to the school to "make an appearance" but they couldn't do anything I guess. All the school had to do was verify Christina's stories with the SEVERAL kids who were a witness to every incident but they ,wouldn't do that and then told me they couldn't prove her accusations. :( I personally called almost all the students parents in her class to verify the stories myself and they all confirmed......but the school wouldn't do that.
    matanda12

Comment by matanda12 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I would GO personally to the School & demand something be done. If anyone had words like that coming out of their mouths in our School District they would be expelled. I would also contact the Police. You could have a restraining order written up. The boy need help before he becomes dangerous. I would make the School understand that you will hold them legally responsible if anything happens to your Daughter. Maybe see an Attorney too & have them draft a letter & send it to his Parents.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2013