Possible Pregnancy after Novasure Procedure!!! adult content

Okay.Here is some quick information.....I have had heavy periods since I had my daughter/last child back on March 18, 2011. Right after I delivered, the doctor at that time cut, tied, and burned my tubes. That was the agreement we made because my husband and I at that time thought it was best for me to get fixed because children are not cheap and we were looking out for the best interest of the children we already had. My periods were every 27-29 days, but were moderate and most of the time very heavy flow. Well my OBGYN and I decided that April 4, 2013 I would have the NOVASURE done to help lighten and possibly even stop my periods. I had a pregnancy test done before the procedure and it was Negative. The procedure went well. Well, since the surgery, I had brown discharge/ spotting when my actual period was due for 2 months straight after the surgery. Haven't had any spotting or anything since then. I took 2 pregnancy test around (August 12-16) because I had a lot of signs of being pregnant. No period (due to NOVASURE) emotional, weight gain, cravings, heartburn, tiredness, slight movement, and all out moody. Now mind you I've been feeling this movement the 3rd month after I had the Novasure done back in April of this year.Today August 30, 2013,I know the movement is there because I can see my stomach move/jump. Awhile back while laying in bed with my husband, he too felt the movement and told me that he thinks I'm pregnant because he felt the side of my belly jump a few times that night. I am going to take one more test tomorrow morning (Saturday) to see if that one comes out negative as well, before I call and make an appointment with my OBGYN after Monday (holiday). My question to anyone who has had the NOVASURE, has anyone gotten pregnant after having the procedure done? Please let me know what you think. Thanks

CreedMama3

Asked by CreedMama3 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Because NovaSure treats the lining of the uterus, your chances of getting pregnant after the procedure will be reduced. However, it is still possible to get pregnant if you’re sexually active. A pregnancy after an ablation is very dangerous for both the mother and the fetus, since the uterine lining would not be able to properly support fetal development. It’s very important to talk to your doctor about what birth control you will use after the NovaSure procedure. __From the Nova Sure website.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:45 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I will tell you that pregnancy is extremely rare after ablation. That said, it can happen (very rarely, again) and it is likely quite dangerous. That said, I suspect you are not pregnant, especially since you've had a tubal ligation.

You should talk to your doctor as soon as possible.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Novasure endometrial ablation is not intended or marketed as a form of birth control. I'd have an issue with the doctor who tied your tubes!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:47 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• And also you wouldn't be feeling any fetal movement, especially since you had a negative test two weeks ago
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• If it turns out you are not pregnant, which seems likely, you'll probably want to set up an appointment with your regular doctor to investigate your symptoms.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• The stomach movement could also be Muscle spasms.. I've had them and I feels just like a baby kicking during pregnancy.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I have an appointment to see my obgyn on Monday. They want to make sure that it could be only muscle spasms. But the nurse i spoke to at my obgyn office told me if I possibly was pregnant I would be 4 months along. This will be my 5th pregnacy. We have to wait and see. I'm nervous and anxious to know why I can see/feel this weird movement that feels like a baby kicking.
    CreedMama3

Comment by CreedMama3 (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Sep. 5, 2013