Syria??

Should we do something about them?
Or should we wait to see what the rest of the world does, or at least will help us?
For now England is out of it.
What are your thoughts.
Yes? or NO?

Asked by louise2 at 9:39 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I firmly believe we should stay out of Syria, too, but my opinion and five bucks will get me a cup of coffee anywhere I go.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:48 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• No. Our country is destroyed from within and that's what we need to address instead of spending billions a month on Syria.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• We are a war weary country (I don't care what you call it; conflict, war, whatever) both emotionally and financially. The Middle East is going to be unstable for a very long time and we cannot continue to jump in every single time an atrocity takes place. I have no issue with diplomatic intervention and I think we should work in that capacity whenever possible but we've lost too many young lives to these never ending horror quests.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:00 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Why doesn't someone else step in and put a stop to the Syria shit. Why is it always the USA? We cannot afford to get involved as sad and horrible as it is. I am not for it.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• i don't understand why we need to save everyone else, especially when we can't even help ourselves.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I say no. I don't know that we can trust the intel that says that Assad's army is responsible for the chemical attack. I believe France is the only country that is still wanting to strike, and Obama has now been saying that he hasn't made a final decision. I firmly believe we should stay the hell out of Syria.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Everyone pretty much knows how I feel, so I'll only say this...We need to back the FU*k off!
    It's not our place to intervene every time something happens.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• would it be nice to be able to step in and be the good guys in the situation, sure but we are far too broken and tired as a country for another war right now. we need to fix what we have going on here, as sad as that sounds.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 10:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• I'm not really sure where this attitude came from in our country that it's the job of the United States to intervene all over the world when human rights are violated, especially when a government turns on its own people. Maybe if we had unlimited resources, there would be something to it, but we don't. And it's not just money we're losing, it's fine young people with their entire lives ahead of them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Obama has now been saying that he hasn't made a final decision. I firmly believe we should stay the hell out of Syria.
    QuinnMae Answer by QuinnMae at 9:41 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

^^^^I have a real problem with the fact that Obama says HE hasn't made the final decision yet. What about running it past Congress 1st?! How is he able to continually side-step them? It's ridiculous. I feel like this is Bush & Iraq all over again. And like most of the others have already said, we CAN'T AFFORD another war. This country is a mess & the people in power are too detached & too stupid to see it!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:17 AM on Aug. 31, 2013