What is a school nus driver schedule when doing their routes.

Just a guess or if you know.

Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2013 in Money & Work

• School bus driver
    I'd like to know their hours somewhat
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Ours here work 6-8,then 2:30 or so til 4:30 or 5
    So 4-5 hours a day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:14 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Don't know, but I'd expect shifts to begin at least an hour before the first bell for the earliest opening school. Here, the HS starts at 7:30 AM and the buses are already done dropping students off and on to the middle schoolers.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• Depends on the school and the route. My highschool I had to catch the bus at 6:30 am but there were kids who got on before me that caught it at 6 AM. So that Bus driver had to start at the very earliest a little after 5 am.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:29 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• It depends a lot on the number of schools the buses serve. I have a neighbor who drives for the district, mornings and afternoons with a break in the middle of the day, which she fills by driving for field trips and some private facilities. She says there are sometimes evening hours also, especially for the older kids who travel to sports events.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:34 PM on Aug. 30, 2013

• my district is medium size, and i know they must pick the first high schoolers up by at least 6:50 to get them to school before 7:45. then the late elementary schools start at 9:00 so id imagine they'd drive the bus back to the depot a little after that. then they'd pick up the first round of early dismissal high schoolers at 2:50 and late elementary is done around 3:45. then theres field trips, sporting events, and half day programs for special needs kids and pre-K (or kinder if your district is half-days). id imagine it would be anywhere from 4-6 hours a day depending on how much work you want to do. i know my district the high school buses pick up the early elementary kids and the middle school bus drivers pick up late elementary students.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:07 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I drive school bus, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me, I would like to help you if possible.

Here anyway we arrive at the bus barn around 7 a.m. I take off on my route at 7:35. I run my route and get back to the bus barn at about 8:15. Then I leave and come back in the afternoon to run the afternoon route. I get there at about 2:15. We do our pre-trips and then head to the school, leaving at about 2:55. I do my route and get back to the bus barn a few minutes after 4, and I usually leave the bus barn at about 4:15.

I live in a small town, and there are only 12 bus routes. High school kids have to be there at 8 a.m. and in the afternoon the elementary school gets out at 3:10 - High school get out at about 3:35.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 1:26 AM on Aug. 31, 2013