What are your beauty secrets to young, beautiful skin?

I am 27 and well people tell me all the time that I look like I am 20 which is nice, but I don't have a beauty regime. I never wore make up until after high school. I still hardly wear it now, but I feel like even though people tell me I look young I should take better care of my skin.

What types of products do you trust and use faithfully? I like natural things too, like things I can do myself that won't cost me a lot of money bc I know beauty products can be pricey.

Fidelita

Asked by Fidelita at 3:35 AM on Aug. 31, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• Drink plenty of water
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 3:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• That is actually all I drink :)
    Fidelita

Comment by Fidelita (original poster) at 3:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Wash your face daily. Use some face lotion. Stay out of the sun.

Answer by louise2 at 6:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I like Oil of Olay 7 signs. But at your age, you probably don't need that yet. Just find a mild moisturizer, maybe one w/ an SPF in it. Then do what these other ladies have already said. Of course, good genes help too. Do the elders in your family look good for their ages too? Mine do. I know that's a factor as to why I sometimes get guessed as much as 10 yrs younger. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:29 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I barely used makeup until I was older, too. Makeup began to make my skin worse, so now I am back to using it only occasionally and using light coverage. I have lots of tips for beautiful skin, but to keep this brief, I would say that switching to Almond Milk was the best damn thing I ever did. People have said that the hormones in cow's milk can cause breakouts, but I didn't believe it until I made the switch. I barely have any breakouts now. I also wash my face only twice a day, using a mild cleanser. Exfoliate twice a week to prevent clogged pores and ALWAYS moisturize. It doesn't really matter what lotion you use, but I tend to like the plain ones, even cocoa butter, or the ones with salicylic acid in them, like Clean and Clear Dual Action Moisturizer. I use heavier lotions around the eyes. Vaseline is great for under eye wrinkle prevention. And drink water first thing in the AM and before you sleep.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Avoiding the sun or using a high SPF sunscreen daily can also make a huge difference. I've been mistaken still being in high school before (hey I won't turn down movie theater discounts). Getting enough sleep and eating healthy in general works wonders. Spinach and kale have lots of Vitamin K, which is used in most expensive creams. However, the skin is not the best way for you to get vitamin K, since the delivery method requires the molecular structure to be a certain way to be absorbed. Eating foods or taking multivitamins is the best way. Plain almonds also offer good Vit E nutrients. Hand and foot models also slather on tons of Vaseline and then cover up their hands and feet whenever they can. Seaweed (in sushi or just the plain sushi nori sheets), nutmeg, Vit E oil, shitake mushrooms, enoki mushrooms and pretty much any kind of mushroom and berry are great for skin.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 7:56 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I use a cream called True Science, made from a company called Lifevantage...it protects you from free radicals and toxins, I love it!

Answer by older at 9:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Use sunscreen on you face with a moisturizer every day. Don't sunbathe, Get lots of sleep. drink a lot of water, no alcohol, no smoking & eat right. Aside from that, it's genetics. If your family members age fast then you will too.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2013

• laser but otherwise, sunscreen/no sun, take vitamins, don't eat crap and a gentle cleanser. This expensive beauty products usually aren't worth it but the Olay one, is the only one I hear is good.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I stay out of the sun, drink water and use only soaps and face lotions that contain raw goat milk and no chemicals.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:24 PM on Aug. 31, 2013