WTF is going on?????

1. NBC News has learned Obama will not call for Congress to return

2. BREAKING Obama to seek congressional authorization for strike on Syria delaying action.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:53 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Who knows but according to the Guardian he's "contemplating" discussing with Congress some sort of intervention that doesn't include "boots on the ground"

I'm not sure if it's because the situation is so fluid or if it is because, as usual, the press is talking out their asses but there doesn't seem to be a hard and fast decision made either way
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 1:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• It's like they're teasing Syria, trying to keep not only us but them off guard.

Are they or are they not!
    Actually, it makes Obama look like a complete Bafoon if you ask me!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 2:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Actually, it makes Obama look like a complete Bafoon if you ask me!

The last line of his conference just now was about hoping congress looks beyond politics and does what's right. I'm thinking his main goal is either way, it won't be his fault.

Honestly, how does the man think we can finance our entire government by borrowing money from China, and then turn around and attack one of China's allies without it having direct repercussions on us?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I'm not sure. It's hard to believe anything the media says anymore. I guess we will find out eventually. Two thoughts. First, it would be good for him to give representatives a chance to speak for their constituency. So I will stay hopeful on that front. Second, if both statements are true would this mean that our over bloated broke ass government has figured out how to use Go To Meeting or something similar to save the tax payers a few dimes? I know, hope springs eternal.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• has figured out how to use Go To Meeting or something similar to save the tax payers a few dimes?

sidesplittinglaughter

I suspect he's stalling now - if he says it's up to congress, but doesn't recall them, it takes a while to get an answer...say long enough for the UN to analyze their samples.

NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• It is not out of the question since Obama thinks he is a ruler and can do what ever he wants.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• UN states it will take approximately 2 weeks until all tests will be final.
    Will he wait that long?

Plus, he has a pretty busy schedule coming up...I doubt he wants to be out of the Country should something go down.
    Especially since one of his meetings is with Russia next week!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 2:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Will he wait that long?

If he puts it on Congress, they can wait that long and he doesn't take the blame.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 2:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• That's exactly what he wants. Someone else to point fingers at.
    But, I doubt Congress will approve this and I'm keeping my fingers crossed as I type this. ;)
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 2:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Unfortunately there are a lot of warhawks in Congress and the Senate. He needs to get their asses off their precious vacations and have a joint session and discuss with the American people why we should spill another drop of blood in a country that is not a threat to us.

This reminds me of the weeks leading into Iraq. It's stressing me out because my husband has already been deployed 4 times :(
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2013