where do you find a nanny for just a wks stay?

My husband and I are goin to hawaii for a wk n mid december time and was just wondering where to find a nanny for our 6& 7 yr old during that time we live in the irvine ca area...any suggestions where to look? Thanku

jenpop0817

Asked by jenpop0817 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in General Parenting

• Don't you have any family they can stay with?
    Having your kids staying with a stranger for a week is a little odd and scary

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:18 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• You can google nanny sites... I forget the name of the one I see on tv all the time. Why don't you have friends or family keep your kids this stranger could beat or kill your children am you wouldn't even know til you got back! Scary thought
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I wouldn't trust someone that I didn't use regularly and knew well. I would take them or find a close friend or relative. Definitely not leave them with a stranger.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:25 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• nanny.com?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 6:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• If you use Sitter City or Care.com or one of those sites, I'd recommend starting your search now. When you find someone suitable, let him or her meet your children and watch them if you have meetings to go to, or while you and your husband enjoy a few dinners out. That way, if it's not a good match or if there are red flags, you can keep looking, and hopefully the nanny won't be a stranger by the time you leave on your vacation. I know I'd be a nervous wreck in Hawaii, if I even managed to force myself onto an airplane to go there, if my kids were left with someone I wasn't well acquainted with.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Ask the resort you are staying at if the have daycare or activities for children.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2013