How much time

How much time is it appropriate to wait til you ask your rm mate to move out after he has suffered a loss? His gf passed away it will be two weeks this Friday. Obvsly not goin to ask today or even next week. I'm just wondering how much time you would give? They only dated mayb 1 yr .... Mayb few months? How much time would you give

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in Relationships

• Why does he need to leave?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• How close are you? How well is the roommate coping? Why do you want the roommate to leave? These answers would all figure in, I think.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Does he have family other support. Is it a tw bedroom apartment? Why can't your boyfriend move in since he will be sharing you bedroom any way?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• C'mon!
    It's been 30 minutes.
    We want to talk to you.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:23 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Would like to move in my bf but I want to give my roommate time to cope with his loss... He's a good friend I was going to tell him he needed to start looking for a place b4 his girlfriend passed away
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Roommate seems to be coping just fine but I don't know how to read him ... I've never really seen him show much emotion
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I would give about two months notice when you do finally tell him.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• It really all depends. Is the roommate on the lease ? If he is, you can't ask him to move out.
    I would give him a month then tell him you are giving him 30 days to move or something like that

Answer by louise2 at 8:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I agree with Dardenella. If another responsible adult moves in, than the rent/utilites can be split 3 ways allowing everyone some more money for saving.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• It's a three bedroom and bc my bf has a child who will be staying with us and he can't share a room with my girls... Yes my rm mate has two lil girls he pays support for. He does help out but is no on the lease. I'm the only one on the lease.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Aug. 31, 2013