I need Advice

Hello everyone I am 16 years old and due on sept 23 with a baby girl .I already have a 1 year old daughter .Do u believe people have the right to judge me because i made the same mistaketwice of getting pregnant before the time was right .Or how do i stop letting other people make me feel like my children are nothing but a mistake ??

RilynnsMommie

Asked by RilynnsMommie at 7:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in General Parenting

• People suck sometimes. Its just how it is. and people can be very judgmental. its better to have them talk about how your got preg at such a young age than have them talk about how your a bad mother.. so make sure you just do what you gotta do and take care of those babies and give them what they need. as long as your the best mom you can be for them, that's what counts. screw the haters! i got married very young and pregnant shortly after. i got the dirtiest looks and hisses from old people at the store.. even now i have three kids and still get smart ass remarks! i was once in church with my kids and hubby and some lady behind us had the nerve to talk about me and whether or not my husband was the father to all my kids!! i did everything "by the book" and still people judge.. so i say SCREW THEM hahaha
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 10:06 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• People are going to judge you. That doesn't mean it's right and it doesn't mean it isn't hurtful but you're going to get judged. People assume that you would have prevented another pregnancy since you got pregnant so young with your first. It's up to you as to whether or not you allow them to make you feel like your children are a mistake. People only have the power we give them
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 7:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• People are going to judge you the same way they judge adults who get pregnant before their baby is even a year old.
    You're going to have to grow up and learn to ignore them.

And where in the hell are your parents that you have a 1yo at 16 with another on the way?
    Is no one monitoring your activities?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Do not take offense where none was implied.
    It is a legitimate question.
    Many of us either were young moms, born to young moms or have had our teen children become pregnant.

It is a question of concern
    Being so quick to anger or presume to understand the intent of the question without asking your own questions is further indication of a lack of maturity related to age (not life experience).
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:29 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• It's a legitimate question, to ask where your parents were. Think about this: When your children are older, do you honestly want them doing the things you've been doing? I don't mean that in a judgmental way, but let's be honest: What you have done is NOT ideal, and knowing how hard it is for you, I'm sure you don't want your kids to deal with it. So you'll (hopefully) be an involved parent and make sure that you do anything you reasonably can to prevent it. That's all we're wondering here: Why didn't your parents do more? Or did you simply ignore their efforts? It's not judgment, it's just a question to try to understand how you got where you are.

As far as people judging you, people are going to judge. It doesn't matter if you're 16 or 60, someone somewhere will judge you for something, even if it's as simple as how you load the dishwasher or brush your teeth. Ignore them and focus on your children and your life.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Do Not PM me again.
    If you are adult enough to be on this site, then you are adult enough to
    A) answer questions
    or
    B) ignore those questions

Human Beings are not consequences.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Support for grown women. Your suport is your parents.

I think she is a TROLL!!!
    Been with the guy sense she was 13, had a kid. Then having another. And claims she was on BC both times. Where are her parents in all this. On here asking us moms and grand moms what to do about it all. Go talk to your mom or grandma. And listen to them.
    Then she get mad because we give her advice she does not want to here.

Answer by louise2 at 10:03 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• You can't keep people from thinking their thoughts, and sometimes even from voicing them. But you don't have to buy into their negativity. Love your children unconditionally because they are precious, and give them the best care you possibly can. You may have to endure the judgment of others, but you'll get through it, so long as your children know that to you, they are blessings.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:14 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I think you need to start practicing abstinence
    Did you really think that we were going to say YAY! Congrats on 2 kids at 16? We are all grown women,many with kids your age. We cannot be happy for your decisions because we know the odds of it turning out positively are slim. i'm not going to draw up the statistics because it'll fall on deaf ears.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Mind our business...on a public site.. where you posted all the details. Ok

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2013