Frequent ingrown Toenails...?

Ok... The sides of my toenails are always sore! I get alot of ingrown toenails that get infected that are very painful. When I scrape out from underneath the sides of my toenails it has an odor.. My toenails also Kindof Grow up instead of straight out? I Dont know what this is from or what i should do any other people have this happen?

Sorry if it may sound gross!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in Health

• What does your doctor say about it?
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:20 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Does this help?
    It has pics so I really didnt read too much

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:21 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• you're either cutting your nails too short,or not rounding off the edges

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Do you wear tight shoes? Best to go to a doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• DH has similar troubles and has since at least high school. He now sees a podiatrist.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:16 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• See a podiatrist!!!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Go to the podiatrist.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Is it just one toe? I injured a toe and have had trouble with the nail growing into the skin ever since, and that happened thirty years ago.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:47 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• The sides of my toe around the nails used to always be sore too.  If I cut it too short, it would become "technically" ingrown but even when it wasn't ingrown or infected, it would throb because the sides grow straight down into the skin.  Especially if I wore socks too snug.  My insurance deductible is really high and I didn't want to pay the $350 my podiatrist said it would cost to have surgery but I found this article about ingrown toenail braces that can flatten the nail.  It's kind of a long read but based on it, I tried Nailease and although my nail is still curved, it isn't AS curved and it doesn't hurt.  

esorlxa

Answer by esorlxa at 4:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2013