Didcha ever notice...

How many failed BC mommas there are condensed into this one site?

Prophylactic companies really should do surveys here so we can learn more about their shitty products and what to avoid.

feralxat

Asked by feralxat at 9:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in About CafeMom

• My first was a surprise, failed BC moment, but only because I was too young and ignorant to realize that being sick and taking antibiotic meds can stop BC pills from working, and you need to use secondary protection.... Duh!! My second took forever after "the shot:" but it was like 3 or 4 months, not years. :) It just seemed long cuz I really wanted a baby. My youngest was another surprise but later I realized his 8 month old older brother had chewed on the strip of condoms putting little tiny holes in them. LOL I had NO IDEA until after I was pregnant and he came crawling out of the bedroom with a long string of condoms still in their packets trailing from his mouth... I held them up to the light and there was a whole constellation of tiny little holes... : )
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:08 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Surprise pregnancies are better than lying and saying you had a BC failure. At least it shows that you understand how the female reproductive system works, and chose to risk pregnancy anyway.

Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Yes!! Whenever his little brother was annoying him, I'd just tell him "he's all your fault". He never knew what I meant by that until he was grown and I told him what he'd done!! They both thought it was hysterical!!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I had an actual BC failure. I was anal about that shit! I took it same time every day, no fail. When I was on antibiotics we used a secondary backup. (We managed to keep from getting pregnant then). I think it was when I switched from Yaz to something else (can't even remember which one it was) that I ended up pregnant.

It is really rare to have an actual BC failure though, I don't get why people feel the need to lie about it. You fucked up and got pregnant, own up to that shit!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:48 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Well that's because nothing is ever anyone's fault. The blame always lies elsewhere.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:34 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• No kidding!
    They don't realize that the guy can't cum,take the condom off,and go back in,or that pull and pray is not really BC

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Hmmm,Depo has a 0-0.7% failure rate
    Must be an act of God...or 2

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• LMAO Nimue!!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• What's interesting to me is that I had far more success with NFP than many women on CM seem to have on the pill, etc. The pill is a lot easier than NFP, you'd think they could get it right. It's not rocket science for shit sake!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Okay, Okay... I'll own up to it....

I fucked up and got pregnant at 19.

Thanks for giving me the courage to say that kmath!!!

LMAO!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:19 PM on Aug. 31, 2013