How many mature teens have you known?

Like ones able to make their own life decisions about living alone,jobs,college,and having children?
Keeping in mind that the human mind is not fully mature until 25...

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:26 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• I thought my son was, but no, he's an idiot, too.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:35 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• More then you think. I've worked in a high school since 1998, and at a boys summer camp since 1986. I've worked with some amazing young people!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:47 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I will say that I know some grown ups that had to grow up really fast, but I'm guessing they made bad decisions along the way, just like all teenagers do. It's part of life. No escape.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I had to grow up fast so I would say, me...
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I've known a couple of really good teens that were mature compared to their peers, but none capable of making adult decisions.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• i don't know how many are out there.. majority are immature but seeing as to how I am still very young at only 24... i have to say there are some of us mature ones out there... i don't like to bundle people into groups via age. i think people grow up in different situations making them NEED to grow up faster.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 10:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I know a few. Some of them had to grow up fast and some of them were just built that way.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:44 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• My dd and her friends are pretty mature. I'm actually very proud of her. She's had a tough time the past year, but she still made Dean's List both semesters in college and qualified for several scholarships. Anyway, she just got back from studying in Spain. We were talking about alcohol because over there she was legal drinking age. She never got drunk, and only got a bit tipsy once because she loves sangria and didn't realize she was drinking too much. She learned her limit then. She also budgeted her money very well and has plenty left over to buy clothes and stuff for her dorm room when school starts in a week. She's always been a little more mature for her age, and she has a good head on her shoulders. Her friends are the same. Sure, they make some dumb choices, but for the most part they're pretty practical.

Most teens, however, are not.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:56 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Me for one. I knew exactly what I wanted to do. On the other hand my life was not normal. I was running a household (not supporting it) by the age of 14. I could and did do a great deal of raising the children of the family and extended family. I helped with therapy and was the sole driver in my family for many years. This means that I di the shopping and well as doctor's appointments as well. I was the one who went to school when something needed to be handled. I did the cooking and cleaning and the yard work as well as my schooling. I also got a scholarship and went to college.
    I knew damn good and well I was not going to be someone's toy and have children unless I was married and felt secure in that relationship.
    I worked and paid my expenses. I had various jobs from the time I was 14 as well.
    I know a few others.
    In general I would say that most can not make those decisions simply because they have not go
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:15 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:28 PM on Aug. 31, 2013