Topic of the night...

birth control lol

what forms have you used ?

what worked for you and what would you recommend.

im on the patch for now.. not that it matters because husband isn't home and wont be for a long time but im thinkin of making a switch at some point. i hate the pill. such a pain in my ass. lol

apparently i shouldn't do the depo lol

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 11:30 PM on Aug. 31, 2013 in Health

• I've used the patch, the pill, suppositories and condoms and currently, an IUD. I prefer the IUD because it's non-hormonal and I don't have to think about it.

Honestly, I would really love to try a vasectomy. That would be the best for me I think.

The pill was too hard for me to remember to take (I'm horrible about that stuff - even with the 'take it at the same time every day' thing).  The patch irritated my skin quite a bit.

Suppositories were messy and started to burn (yikes).

Condoms just suck.

The IUD is good because I don't have to remember it however I get the occasional 'extra period' because of it.  That's loads of fun.  plain

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I'm currently on nothing but, I don't have anyone significant in my life. If I do ever get laid again, I'll have him use a condom. If I'm ever in a relationship again, I'll probably go back on the pill. LOL
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Most pills worked fine for me, one didn't and I got my son.

I loved Mirena! I know others bitch about it, but it was awesome for me. I want to get another one.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• Lol!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:32 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I did the pill for like 9 years and just switched to the mirena last year. Love it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:33 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• i was on the pill years ago and used condoms.. i loved the pill.. after i had our first i did nuvaring and loved it. after our second i tried the ring again but didn't enjoy having it up there anymore (it was more mental after the rough delivery i had) so i went onto the pill.. it made me a raging lunatic lol and now im on the patch. just recently got my period (ive been boobfeeding) damn aunt flo!! dh is getting snipped for sure but we are waiting til we are 100% sure no more kids are in our future..
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 11:37 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I used condoms and a spermicide up until i married and had my son,than after was on BC pills until my husband had his vasectomy when our son was 1
    I hated the pill. my periods were wonky and I lost my sex drive

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• wow so finally some ladies who LIKE the mirena!! my doctors keep recommending that one to me.. but im so iffy about having something inserted in there.. plus the horror stories ive heard..
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I did depot got fat and crazy. Pills after that. Stopped pills got pregnant. Used no form of birth control for 3 years. Got pregnant. On pills again.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:38 PM on Aug. 31, 2013

• I was in the pill for several years, then Nuvaring which I loved. I got pregnant while on the minipill and breastfeeding, twice! So that didnt work for me. I had my tubes tied during a csection when I had my 5th (2nd csection).

Answer by missanc at 11:39 PM on Aug. 31, 2013