Question about court ordered visitation and jobs

so i had a thought that occured to me. im not working right now but if i do get a job, am i suppose to make my availability around the court order or try and get the court order modified to fit my work schedule? im thinking the first.

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 8:25 AM on Sep. 1, 2013 in Money & Work

• the only issue id probably run into is that he's suppose to get them every other friday at 5 and bring them back monday at 9. so would i need to find a job that is flexible with that?
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• Bump for you because IDK,but i just wanted to ask you to make sure you let us know how his weekend went with the kids. I've been keeping you all in my thoughts.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:32 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• thank you :) ive been calling them each night at 7:30 and they sound great. he even sent me a picture of my middle one making pancakes yesterday morning, which surprised me, that he was thoughtful enough to do that. they won't be back til tomorrow morning :( but so far they seem to be having a good time, which is a HUGE weight off of me.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• Unless your Ex is going to be an ass about times. You both can be flexable with the time of pick up and drop offs.
    Best to talk to you Ex abot this. I wouldn't ask him. I would tell him.

Answer by louise2 at 8:40 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• i don't know, i think he'd be an ass. i don't trust him to say "yeah it's okay if you bring them an hour late" and then totally flip the script and try to get me in trouble for not following the C/O or something.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I would first try to find a job that would work around the order. If you can't, then I'd take whatever job you get, and see if your parents or someone can help you out with transporting and watching them when your schedule conflicts with the order, and at the same time, file for a modification of the order. You'd probably need proof from your employer about your schedule, but as long as you explain to the judge that you need this change because of your job (which you need to support the children in the order), they should be willing to work with you. Even if all they do is change it just enough for you to be able to get off work, get the girls and take them to him, or get off work and get home just before he brings them home, or have him bring them home a little early before you go to work, they should be willing to accommodate for a job. I wouldn't trust him to work with you outside the order, though. That's trouble.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:58 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• It seems silly to bother going to the courts for a matter of an hour. I'm sure you guys could work something out, or like wendy said, have a family member help you out if you aren't home from work yet. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• It seems silly to bother going to the courts for a matter of an hour.
    It is- but when dealing with a particular kind of person it is in everyone's best interest to "get it in writing".

What Wendy said.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:55 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• yes, exactly feral. with him it has to be in writing.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I woudl find the job, make it work if you can until you can get to court to modify. Judges understand that people work.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 10:35 AM on Sep. 1, 2013