What is the best way to help stop your toddler from wettng at night.?

My 2 year old daughter is fully out of pullups during the day BUT i still put one on her at night. She wakes up SOAKED every morning,! is this something that will get better with time? We have been trying to limit her fluid intake after 7 and although it helps with how soaked she is, she is still wet. One of my friends suggested that i should wake her up in the middle of the night, but i feel like if i do that she WILLNOT go back to bed :) Does anyone have any other ideas or advice for me? Thanks

latayra

Asked by latayra at 3:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She's young yet for full night training. Just continue with the pull ups until she starts waking dry more often than not.

Bladder control at night is greatly influenced by a hormone their bodies produce. Often it takes a while for that to come into play so night training will usually take longer
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 3:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I wouldn't worry yet. Mine wasn't night trained till three and a half.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• she's pretty young to expect her to stay dry through the night. You can either wake her up-as your friend suggested, or keep the pull up's on for awhile
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• Ok thanks ladies <3
    latayra

Comment by latayra (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• You realize she is only two and won't fully train at night for another year or two. When she can make it through the night dry, then it's time for nighttime training. In the meantime keep her in the pull up. I'm not a fan of waking them in the middle of the night. You can inadvertently make it a habit for her.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• It could take years. There is nothing you can do. Waking her won't help. You just might catch her before she goes, but it doesn't train. Just be patient. That's why they make Goodnights.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I would suggest that make her habit to go to the washroom just before going to bed. Maybe in starting she may not feel the need to go but still if she will have this thing in her routine, there are chances that she would have less night time accidents. If you are awake a little longer after she sleeps then try atleast for a day or two that just before u go to bed , wake her up and ask her to go to the toilet. I don't think that there is any chance that she won't go to bed. Atleast give it a try. My son is 20 months old and I have recently started training him . He is not perfectly trained but still in the middle of night or if I am awake , I feel that if he is moving on his bed from one side to another I take him to the toilet. and whenever he goes in the middle of night or just before going to bed , usually his diaper remains dry the next morning. Do share your experience . May be I would also try same thing.
    newmommy121211

Answer by newmommy121211 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 2, 2013