Have you ever ran out of gas?

I was on my way to get gas when my car started to sputter and I knew I wouldn't make it to the gas station. I turned around and went back home. Ugh! I know better than this. I had to call my dad and he is getting me gas right now. I have done this once before about 5 years ago. Something about my husband being gone just makes my brain go to mush. 

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 5:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2013 in Just for Fun

• This afternoon. On the interstate. Broken gas gauge. It said the van was full, but it WASN'T!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• LOL! Just rolling into the gas station on fumes then having it stall in front of the pump.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• No, it's one of those things that my mother did on the regular and I was constantly mortified by pushing the car out of the middle of the intersection, or pushing it into the gas station. So not in my car no. I noticed I am very uptight about a lot of things all stemming from things my mother did that embarrassed me immensely as a child.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 5:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• No. I always fill up when I get to about a quarter tank.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I never let mine get below 1/2 tank. So no. But I have to say, when I very 1st saw the post I had to laugh b/c my 1st thought was, "Heck no! I have a hubby & 2 grown sons- we are NEVER out of gas!" - lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I haven't, but my sister does it frequently. Then she calls me and i get out the gas can and take her some gas.

Now, I have ridden into the gas station on fumes, but I've gotten lucky that I've never actually run out
    ChasingBridges

Answer by ChasingBridges at 8:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• Once...I was driving home from school in my mom's '86 Chevy S10, because my mom and her 2 brothers were going to a funeral in Nashville so they were going in the car. That truck's gas gauge didn't work properly, and it was snowing. Thankfully we ran out of gas within a few hundred yards of a tire and lube place that we knew the owner who filled us up with gas or at least enough to get us to a gas station and home. Great time to run out of gas my mom was out of town and on a day of only a handful that it actually snows in December in Alabama. I'm just glad we went the 'long' way home instead of a back road like normal.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I did a few yrs ago ... In my defense I just bought the car it had quarter tank left and I wanted to see how far I could go until it completely ran out..milage wise....I had gas n the trunk .... I've also done it on accident and had to call dad or my brothers to save me :)
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• I have never ran out of gas in my vehicle. One time while on a trip (as a teen who couldn't drive, mind you), the van taking us to camp one summer did LOL. It was funny and scary at the same time.

I have, however, come close to no gas, but I've never stranded myself ;) Plus, around here, if I can't get to my usual gas station, I can throw a rock and hit one.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2013

• Fortunately, no...LOL
    My biggest fear is breaking down somewhere!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2013