Cousin Gone Crazy

She want leave my house again b/c she saw my bellybutton piercing now she saying that it will hurt the the baby I asked her where did she get that from and I should've known she would say the INTERNET I told her half the stuff on the internet isn't true so now I'm stuck with her until her husband comes and convinces her to leave so far she has tried to take it out by force which didn't work so right now I'm pissed to the max...The sad thing is we had a agreement and she even made a list of things I can't have on my body and a piercing wasn't one them so right now I'm in my room trying to put my daughter to sleep and the door is locked b/c I don't feel like seeing her face at the moment

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 12:12 AM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry to her this. Just for the record, I've got a navel piercing and I had it the whole time I was pregnant. I almost had to take it out because of my big belly, but I didn't. I had to remove it for my C-section, but I put it back in right away the next day with no trouble. I don't see how having a navel piercing could possibly hurt anything. *Getting pierced* while you are pregnant might not be advisable, but a piercing that is already intact and healed shouldn't be an issue. Ask your cousin if the stuff she read was about being pierced during pregnancy, not having a piercing from before conception.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• If she continues she's going to cause you and the baby undue stress. Does she realize your state of mind is more important than a piercing?
    You might want to discuss this with her!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Do they attend your Dr. appts? If so, write down all the crap she's stressing about, show the Dr. the list if you have to. Then make sure to mention how much stress it's causing you. Then the Dr. can set them straight. IF an expert can't convince her/them to back off, then you may have to step up the bitchiness a notch or 2 in order to get your point across! :p GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Maybe print out a few pages of the negative effects of stress on pregnancy and let her know that if something happens because of her hovering and demanding then she will own the responsibility for it.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• You may end up having to tell her that you will have to get a restraining order if she does not stop stressing you out and jeopardizing this baby.
    If she will not leave your home when you ask her to, you can call the police to escort her off the premises. She does not have the right to come into your home and refuse to leave. She does not have the right to put her hands on your person without your permission.
    Grabbing the belly ring and pulling is assault and you could file charges against her and it could have harmed the baby if she had pulled hard enough to cause a rupture.
    I wish you luck.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:55 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Talk to her husband, maybe he has enough sense to listen.
    Or, her mother.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:34 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• She's going to cause bad feelings between the two of you if she continues, which would turn what would be a happy occasion into a stressed one.
    You're going to have a LONG pregnancy if she continues to hover!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:49 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• She isn't going to stop, at least it is very unlikely that she will.

Good luck!
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• yeah- dard said EVERYTHING I was thinking as I was reading through
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• I agree with Dardenella and mrsmom110

have her go to your doctor appts and bring up what she is doing and ask about the piercing

call the cops if she touches you again
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:06 AM on Sep. 2, 2013