What did you do for your son'd/daughter's 7th birthday party?

We've really only had small parties for pretty much just family and our friends with kids. But now that my son is in first grade and has a few friends, I'm not really sure what to do for it. To make it harder...his birthday is in March(I like to plan way ahead!) and it will still be cold and snowy out.

Lobelia

Asked by Lobelia at 1:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not much. DS chose to have a party at a lazer tag place. DD's was spent in MT (summer baby) with family and I believe we went to Whitefish to zipline and ride the alpine slides with family. I give them a choice to either have a party somewhere, or get an expensive gift that they want. I let them choose how they want their birthday to go. If they choose an expensive gift then they can have one or two friends come with us out to dinner or something to celebrate.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:30 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Wel, my daughter is only five, but her birthday is also in March, so outdoor party ideas wouldn't work. I hired a company called JumpBunch to do party games that involved motion, coordination, that kind of thing. We had an obstacle course, parachute activities, indoor bowling, etc. I found great party favors and theme ideas at birhtdayinabox.com. Good luck.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:24 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• We did his party at a local bowling alley. They took care of everything and the kids got to bowl and play laser tag.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Two of my kids have March B-days. So we've done the bowling thing, the laser tag thing, the Chuck E Cheese thing, & the Hands-on Science center thing. Just see what's in your area & start pricing. Some even let you bring your own cake or even your own food. If you do the party at your house, just Google "B-day party games" & there's a slew of ideas on there. Just remember to keep some Tylenol or Advil on hand for that headache! lol :p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• In elementary school we did roller skating, ice skating, inflatable playground, putt putt and chuck e cheese

Answer by missanc at 9:14 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• indoor moonbounce places. order a ton of pizza. make mac and cheese if that place allows outside food (some places don't). you can never go wrong with moonbounce with kids. i don't know about your area but some moonbounce places here have really cheap party packages. even cheaper than chuck-e-cheese. nice looking too. and best of all you don't set up or clean up! :)
    Sun.shine

Answer by Sun.shine at 9:15 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Bounce place.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:23 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• We have never done parties for our kids until this year. DD had her first at 5 and DS is having his first 'real' party at 9. I always just sent cupcakes to school and did a small family party at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• we're having a slumber party for my daughter's 7th
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• These are all great ideas...but our town is super boring! The only thing we have is bowling. Which I am considering. Chuck e cheese and bounce house is about 30-45 minutes away. :(
    Lobelia

Comment by Lobelia (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Sep. 3, 2013