5 cms dilated 50% effaced and sent home cause labor stopped :(

I went to a dr apt Friday and was 2cms! Saturday at 4 am woke up having bad contractions. Went into the hospital and was 3 cms and having contractions every 1-2minutes. After 2 hours I spiked a fever of 104! Was still contracting and made it to 5 cms by Sunday morning. After being pumped up the whole time with 5 bags of antibiotics my contractions were still coming but more like ten minutes apart. Dr said okay time to go home come back when they are closer again. What the heck I feel so frustrated and ripped off! I didn't know they would send you home after 5 cms. Anyone ever have this Happen?

AmyWooThree

Asked by AmyWooThree at 3:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yep. I was sent home 2 times with my youngest. 3rd time was a charm. All you can do is TRY to relax about it and get some rest. How far along are you? Stressing out about it is not going to do any good and stress is not good for baby. Baby will eventually come out. When is your next dr appointment?
    tempsingl3mom

Answer by tempsingl3mom at 10:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• The bigger question to me is why were you spiking a fever that high? Did they ever find the cause?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:36 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• And is your fever gone now? If so, I'd stay active and try not to fret. Baby will come when baby is ready to come :) I know that's not what you wanted to hear but you know it will
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 10:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Pain from a kidney infection is usually just above the small of the back and can be on one or both sides. This area of the back can be painful when pressure is applied like when leaning back on a chair. Labor pain in the back is different for everyone but for me was mostly either higher up in my back toward the center and felt like a hammer being thrown at me over and over or it was lower in the small of my back and hurt mostly when I had contractions. If you had a kidney infection, that could've triggered labor. Are you at least 39 wks? You could ask to be induced. I would think if you were dilated to 5 already, it shouldn't be long before you are in active labor. Good luck!
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Even though my urine and blood cultures came back negative they had chalked it up to an infection in my kidney.. Because I was saying I had lower back pain as well. I always thought that came with labor though so I don't know. They said it will be Tuesday before the know any real answers so they sent me the a pharmacy to get a new prescription to take at home cause they were unsure how I would be without them.
    AmyWooThree

Comment by AmyWooThree (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Yea my fever is gone. I had to be without a temp for 24 hours before they would release me so I was there for 2 full days then sent home. They wouldn't break my water for me to move things along because u have to be 38 weeks and I was only 37 weeks and 6 days >_< guess I'm just super lucky!
    AmyWooThree

Comment by AmyWooThree (original poster) at 5:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2013