Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Huge dilemma, we do not know if we are invited to the wedding, details follow....

Here is the dilemma:

My husband's friend sent us two save the date invitations. About two months ago or more the groom called to ask if we were going and we said yes. We never received an invitation and now we do not know what to do because we can not get a hold of the groom to find out if we are invited and expected or if maybe they had to make cut backs. What do we do? Do we just not go, we do not want to crash it. But we for sure did not get an invitation. Thanks


Asked by AmyLynn5398 at 9:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Just for Fun

Level 17 (3,564 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (15)
  • When is the wedding? If it's six weeks away or less and you don't have an invitation and you CANNOT get hold of anyone in the family to verify, you don't go. That simple. Send a nice card, maybe a gift. You are not to blame for their communications issues.

    Answer by gdiamante at 9:27 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • Why not just call and ask? I think it's perfectly reasonable to say, "Hey, we got the save the date thing, and when you asked, we said we would come. We haven't received an invitation, and just wanted to know if you would still like us to come? We don't want to crash if you don't want us to come, but we also didn't want you to feel hurt if we didn't show up when you expected us."

    It could be that the invitation was sent but got lost in the mail - it happens. Or...did the two save the date invitations come at different times? If they did, maybe the second was supposed to be the actual invitation, but they ended up sending another save the date instead by mistake. The only way to know for sure what's going on is to call and ask.

    Answer by wendythewriter at 9:29 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • If I got a "save the date", I would contact the Groom & say I haven't received the invitation yet. If you cannot get in touch with him then I would assume we were no longer invited for whatever reason & not go.

    Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:37 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • If you can't get a hold of them, it makes me wonder if the wedding is off. Keep trying, or try to find someone else invited who might know.

    Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:07 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • When is the wedding?


    Answer by JeremysMom at 9:26 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • One other thought. If you know where it's being held, call the venue and ask for contact info for the bride and family. They can at the least relay that you're trying to reach the groom.

    Answer by gdiamante at 9:33 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • I'd call the bride and ask. You can say something as no hard feelings but we need to know for sure.

    Answer by Bmat at 9:38 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • It is this Saturday. And we have tried to get a hold of them.

    Comment by AmyLynn5398 (original poster) at 11:21 AM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • Do you know the groom's parents? If you can't get ahold of the bride or groom, call them and tell them you can't get ahold of XYZ and really need to before the wedding date.
    If she says you can't get ahold of him. Tell her your dilemma. You may find that they sent out the other save the date as aninvitation. or they sent out two and forgot to send out the invitations.
    I would ask with the disclaimer that you did not know if you should come or simply send the gift as you know that weddings are very expensive and sometimes you can just not have everyone you had originally hoped for.

    Answer by Dardenella at 12:24 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

  • Have you tried to get in contact via social media? Or text them?

    Answer by QuinnMae at 12:32 PM on Sep. 2, 2013