What do you think about the shirt controversy aimed at The Children's Place?

I realize it's older news, but did you see these shirts that have some parents outraged? I guess I never gave it much thought, but then again, why start here?  There are a ton of other products that give off the same meaning.      What do you think?

The Children's Place Shirt Controversy

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 1:06 PM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I didn't even know about it. We shop there for most of my kids clothing & saw the diamond one. My DD thought it was "lame" so we didn't get it. I would NOT have let her get the other one anyways.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• eye rollingreminds me of the moms who flip out over barbies, claiming they're misogynistic. i can see why people might be upset, but outrage over it is assinine. there's a simple solution... here's you, there's children's place, here's you walking passed children's place. (general you)

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• I think the born to wear diamonds one is just silly. The one suggesting she cant do math however is offensive but if I don't like something or don't want my kid in it, I wont buy it lol. not about to protest over a tshirt. I have better things to do.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:11 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• It's really simple, just don't buy those shirts. My almost 7 yr old would actually like the "born to wear diamonds" one.
    The other one, yeah it's shallow but, again, no one is forcing anyone to buy it.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:15 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• They're silly. Don't like them, don't buy them.

DD wore this to school for a couple of years.
    No attempt to make a socio political statement, just good natured fun.

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:22 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• It's stupid, yes, but my God some people really have nothing better to do. To suggest that all the boys clothing "paints the picture that they're making things happen" but the girls clothes "scream OMG LET'S GET DADDY'S WALLET TO GO BUY SEQUINS!!!" Is just way overreacting. A) It's a SHIRT. Don't like it, don't buy it. B) Who's to say that boy's shirt with a surfboard isn't suggesting the boy is destined to be a pothead beach bum (after all, all girls who love diamonds must be airheads, right?) And C) I happen to be a girl who is way better at shopping than I am at math and I'm not ashamed of myself for it. I still turned out to be an educated, independent, productive female member of society.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• That's the thing. Don't buy them.
    For example- This site makes children's sized clothing and I wouldn't consider buying most of them because it's not the image I want my infant to project.
    I do not feel the need to insist that anyone else not be able to make their own decision. Besides, sometimes I enjoy cracking wise about shitty parenting :)

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:35 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Let me guess, while sitting there with your head cocked to one side trying to figure out what the ever loving f*ck you were reading you laughed a couple of times :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 1:41 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• I agree fully. Why go back to school clothes shopping and buy a shirt that basically says not to try in math. Stupid idea for a shirt.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:12 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• "If I saw a 13 year old wearing a shirt that said “Legal-ish” “The Twins Are Quite A Handful” or “Save A Wave, Ride A Surfer” I’d be too busy vomiting and crying to LOL at Hollister’s “funny” slogans. Also, why do waves need saving? ---

from the website. (in case u cant read some of the shirts
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 1:23 PM on Sep. 2, 2013