so i think i have a major problem and i need help plz no bashing

ok so im 39 weeks pregnant my due date is in 5 days
iv been having contractions all day
and im about ready to go to l&d
but i worried that it will be false labor and my step-mom works really early in the morning like at 2am (im only 17 and she is my only way to the hospital)
she all ready told me she dont mind being up
but i just feel bad if i keep her up all night and it was nothing
and i know im gonna me a mom soon and i need to step up
but i just cant help but feel bad jsut thinking of keeping her up all night
any advice ?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you called your doctor? I would call them first to see if they feel you need to go in.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 11:51 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• my doc says to go in for anything
    i could be like i have a question about weight gain and he will be like well go in to the l&D
    Anonymous

• So go and empty your bladder and then get a glass of water. Lay down on the couch for an hour and time your contractions. If after an hour they are still coming at regular intervals and getting up doesn't change their intensity, odds are, it is the real thing. I am sure that your step mom would rather know that you were taken care of during your labor and go in for false labor as opposed to risk your and the baby's safety for a few hours sleep. Good luck!
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Well are you timing them? You should go in when they are 5 minutes apart.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 11:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• If u think you are going into labor then go to the doctor!! Don't wait until its too late! Good luck and congratulations on the pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Mom1Stepmom1 is right. Do everything she said. Don't worry about your stepmom, she just want's you and your baby to be healthy. She'll understand, especially if she has had a baby herself.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I think you should go in even if your contractions are irregular (not the same time apart).
    Your step mom will understand.
    Congratulations!
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Call L&D they will tell you if you need to come in.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If you have had contractions most of the day and they are getting closer and more uncomfortable your more than likely in labor. I did about the same thing as u with my second child thinking false labor cause two days before i went all the way to the hospital only to have them stop and have to return home. But if your getting more and more uncomfortable and there getting closer you need to go.
    cpaxsoon09

Answer by cpaxsoon09 at 12:10 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If they've been 5-6 minutes a part for 45-60 min, I would call L&D. You can go in, get checked and if nothing, you can go right back home. She won't be up for hours :-)
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 12:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2009