The Damascas crises...............

in Bible Prophecy says in Isa. 17:1 & 14: 17 The pronouncement against Damascus: “Look! Damascus removed from being a city, and she has become a heap, a decaying ruin
The national groups themselves will make a din just like the noise of many waters. And He will certainly rebuke it, and it must flee far away and be chased like the chaff of the mountains before a wind and like a thistle whirl before a storm wind. 14 At evening time, why, look! there is sudden terror. Before morning—it is no more. This is the share of those pillaging us, and the lot belonging to those plundering us.
How is this not coming true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in the Bible and in Biblical predictions coming true, but this is not going to make anyone believe in the Bible or God. Many if the predictions of Nostradamus have come true (or seemed to), but that doesn't make him God.

Answer by missanc at 5:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• If this affirms your beliefs then congrats to you. Personally, I think the bible has been interpreted over and over in several languages which can lose meaning/understanding. I'm not knocking the text but I don't see this as the only reliable source for the divine or for prophesy.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:13 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• It has never ceased to be a city but it will be
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:54 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• and do not forget Russia and China, the allies

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Sigh... I'm not even gonna bother. It's pointless and I'm tired.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• is this an end times post?

...whatever floats your boat I guess.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:09 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Hi Vinty.

Passages like that are propaganda. They reflect the desires of the authors under the social and political systems of their days. There is no such thing as actual prophecy. Most of the "prophecy" in the Bible is written after the fact, or anachronistically. It was never meant to be understood the way people talk about "prophecy" today.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:10 PM on Sep. 2, 2013