I cheated..

I cheated on my fiance while he was out of town and am now pregnant with a baby that I know isn't his. He's still with his family, so I haven't told him yet. I'm going to, but I don't know what to say other than the truth, which is that I had a one night stand at a party while drunk off my *** and feel terrible. I couldn't get an abortion because of family and personal beliefs. The father knows, and we both agreed that it was best if he wasn't in the picture. I know that I'm going to get a lot of ridicule, and I understand that what I've done is terrible. I just want to know if anybody else has even been in a situation where they cheated and got pregnant, and how they handled it. The only thing that I can do is be honest with him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:45 PM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Pregnancy

• How far along are you?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• No, sorry I haven't.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 5:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• No, I have never been in your situation. Even on my worst party nights, I had access or used a form of BC.

Like you said, you can only tell this man the truth and hopefully you'll land on your feet as a single mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:48 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• About 7 weeks. He left for two and a half months to work with his family and will be back in a week, so I need to figure it out fairly quickly.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• No, cheating was not allowed!

Funny how our "personal beliefs" go out the window when we drink, isn't it.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• I've been through it.. I was brutally honest with my husband, broke his heart.. I had an abortion and we reconciled later on.

Stupid decisions lead to the roughest time in my life... Are you sure you want to keep this baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• I didn't find it funny. >.< It was the first time that I had ever done something like that, and god kicked my ass for it. Karma got me good. I deserve everything that I get.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• I've told my parents and select family members (I'm in my twenties and didn't have anyone to talk to) and they said that they would be supportive and help me out when I need it if I decide to keep the baby. I know that I'm not 100% alone in this, and I think that I will make a good mother, even if I failed as a fiance.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• What's to figure out as far as the fiance is concerned? I'm asking honestly. You already plan to tell him the truth, which is precisely what you should do. Very likely the engagement will be broken, but I'm sure that comes as no surprise to you.

What you really need to do is figure out what happens after that. There are three choices. Abortion, adoption, keep the baby. You've already eliminated the first, so you need to figure out which of the other options is best for the baby.

Hopefully getting drunk off your @$& was a one time thing. But *if* it's a habit, it may be time to consider a group such as Alcoholics Anonymous to try to avoid it happening ever again.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2013

• Why haven't you told him yet? Sense you know it isn't his. You can tell him on the phone. " I am pregnant, and it is not yours"

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 2, 2013