When/how do you move a baby into a room with a sibling??

I have a 4 month old and a 2 yr old both girls and my 4 month old sleeps in my dh and i's room but we would like to move her out when she is 6 months old the only other room is with her 2 yr old sister how do we go about this??

Proud_mommy531

Asked by Proud_mommy531 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just do it. I don't see the issue. Or am I missing something here? Move her in there with her big sister.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 11:56 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Trying having a slumber party and all of you sleep in one room. That way you can see how your 2 YO does with her baby sis in the room. Then transistion into just the two of them in one room for a naptime. See how that goes and if she (2 YO) is ready then make the move. That's what we did with our 2 1/2 YO and our 6 month old. They do great in a room together.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 11:58 PM on Feb. 18, 2009

• we moved my now 7mth old into her now 18mth old sisters room last month. we just put her crib in there one weekend. older sis thought it was so neat having the addition to her room. it hasnt even been an issue with one waking the other up at night even though they usually go to bed an hour apart (varies on who goes to bed first). 6 months old is the perfect age to do this. hopefully your 2yr old will think the addition of her little sister is just as fun as mine did. :) good luck
    ashlyh123

Answer by ashlyh123 at 12:31 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• well i shall give it try ty all for helping!!
    Proud_mommy531

Answer by Proud_mommy531 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 19, 2009