Omaha, Nebraska! What are the Pros & Cons?

We are considering relocating our family there. We live where it snows so it won't be too bad of a change except maybe a little more than we get here which would be awesome! Would you be so kind as to tell me pros and cons if you know them :) thanks in advance!

Ilovemybbgrl

Asked by Ilovemybbgrl at 11:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2013 in Travel

• Well probably affordable living compared to larger cities but I believe you can get tornadoes there.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:10 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I would google.
    It has grown a great deal since I grew up there and since I have lived there. It has a relatively stable economy but that means that it is harder to find a job. It is the Midwest, with all the Midwest values. Tornadoes are very often to be endured and I do mean often. The schools are very good and the medical is good, unless it has drastically changed. I do not remember where you would be moving from. If you could give some idea of what you are interested in knowing about, I might be able to help you more. I still have the majority if my family in the Omaha and Lincoln area.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:21 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Inexpensive housing. Jobs are hard to find, though.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:29 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• We are moving from ca. Just more so wondering about crime, schools, is it a good place etc. I would definitely try to have a job lined up before moving.
    Ilovemybbgrl

Comment by Ilovemybbgrl (original poster) at 2:32 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• More than likely the pay will be much lower than in California but living expenses are also lower. Crime is like it is everywhere, there are areas where crime is bad and areas the it is not so much. Personally right now unless I had a job, I would not go. Like I said jobs are stable and reasonably secure but that makes it so fewer jobs become available.
    I would suggest that you like football. The Cornhuskers are very serious about football.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:45 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I live a reasonable distance from Omaha- far enough that I don't hear much about it but close enough for a long day trip. I love Omaha, but only to visit. I couldn't live there (due to the size).
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2013