How helpful is your husband in day by day activities?

PG2013

Asked by PG2013 at 12:09 AM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• depends on the day and depends on what he has going on at work but for the most part my husband is very hands on with the kids and very helpful around the house. helps do dishes, cleans cat litter, takes out trash, does yard work, and whatever other house cleaning I may need help with on any given day. and he is one of those guys who from the start has always gotten down and dirty with diapers and bath time.. all of it.. but of course like any man he days when I just wanna kick him lol
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 12:12 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Extremely. He is home till 2pm so he has been entertaining the kids all summer. Generally, he is the laundry, dishes, garbage and yard work person. I do most of the house cleaning, etc. He spends a ton of time with our kids too. I feel very fortunate!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• My husband works longer hours and is still recovering from the effects of an accident a while back. He is very good about doing things around the house but he needs to know what I want specifically. I take care of the majority because I am retired and have more time and because I am like that
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:16 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Overall, my boyfriend is better than most, I think. He does the laundry and the grocery shopping, which would be challenging for me. He knows how to run a vacuum cleaner and take out the trash. He handles a lot of the paperwork, although the organization end of it, like remembering what needs to happen when, Is all mine. He eats what I cook and does the dishes once in a while. His timeline for doing things isn't as swift as I'd like, but what can I say? I wish he were more involved with the kids and less lazy about getting up in the mornings, but you can't have everything.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:27 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Mine is very good, not only with the day to day stuff, (dishes, garbage) but MAJOR things, too. He can do plumbing, electrical, drywall, etc. He works his 40+ hours a week, plays ina band on Saturday nights, and is remodeling our bedroom and my office!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:31 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• We're a team. Even with him gone a month at a time with his job. Anytime there's a big decision with the kids, or they want to do something either they will call him, or I will. He loves to be as involved as he can. When he's home, he's doing things with them, whether it's waxing his truck, working on an engine, or organizing his shop, they're always together. He also takes time out to do fun things with them, like playing chess, going rock crawling in our jeep, or taking them to ride their dirt bikes. I'm so thankful for him.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Depends on the week if it is a week where my husband is home 5-6pm then he will help with dinner and or bath time/bed time to get time with the girls and give me a break. If it is a week that he closes then he is home after bed time most times. So he will come home eat and go to bed. But, he is home every weekend, he will wash clothes/clean kitchen/and dinner
    Novmeber2006

Answer by Novmeber2006 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• We're a team, a really good team. The one who sees something needs done, does it. I think that it's important to note that both of us feel that the other one does the most :)

And it works. It's comfortable and non-stressful.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 5:22 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• He's great. I'm a SAHM and he works an average of 50 hours/week so i do the bulk but he entertains the kids most of the time he's home, he does all the outside work, and he pitches in around the house with laundry, cooking, and dishes.

Answer by missanc at 6:01 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess here for you based on your other question.
    So you're having problems getting him to help around the house,and your sex drive is lacking.
    Tell him if he helped out more around the house,you'd have more energy,and interest,in sex

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 AM on Sep. 3, 2013