Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I didn't get all the soap out of the bottle and didnt realize until after he already drank half is this harmfull to him

Answer Question
 
Micaela T.

Asked by Micaela T. at 12:40 AM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Kids' Health

Level 1 (2 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • He'll puke everywhere. Then you'll know.
    PartyGalAnne

    Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:46 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

  • I'm assuming it's just dish soap, which is pretty mild. Well, don't let him finish the bottle. But he'll be okay, he may just get the shits from it. Keep him hydrated.
    Ballad

    Answer by Ballad at 12:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

  • I am not clear did you rinse the bottle out and he filled it with liquid and then realized it didn't taste good?
    If it is a small amount he may upchuck or have diarrhea or both. Regardless he needs of water.
    Dardenella

    Answer by Dardenella at 1:13 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

  • Get the dish soap container and call poison control to ease your mind and get professional advice.

    Rinse better next time.

    Do not give your child water if they are under 6 months- and I wouldn't advise it under a year myself. Water likely won't do anything for dish soap. But what do I know? Call PC.

    For a poison emergency in the U.S. call 1-800-222-1222
    staciandababy

    Answer by staciandababy at 2:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

  • You know this is a great question for poison control. Read the back of the bottle. It should tell you what to do if swallowed.
    2autisticsmom

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

  • How is he doing today?
    virginiamama71

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN