Why am I still hungry??

I just scarfed down 4 pieces of pizza and I can keep going! (Im not tho!) What a pig. What's wrong with me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Feb. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You probably stretched out out your stomach and it has more room, I did that for a few years and gained a ton of weight. I now let myself feel really hungry and then eat a little but damn, once I get going!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:03 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I can eat a whole freaking pizza so don't feel too bad.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 12:05 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Oh don't get me started on eating too much. I have finished a whole pie before. A PIE for goodess sakes.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:08 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It's the pizza. There something addictive they put in it, I swear.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 12:26 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I though you were supposed to eat the whole pizza? lol jk
    no Gigi is right, thats the actual real reason why we are able to eat so much
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:30 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Foods like white bread, baked potatoes, white rice, bananas and most cold breakfast cereals have a high glycemic "index." They cause a fast rise in blood sugar. The body reacts by producing insulin, which quickly drops blood sugar levels, usually making a person feel ravenously hungry. Satisfy the hunger with more high-glycemic food, and the hunger-eat-hunger cycle repeats. Those extra calories may get stored in the body as fat.

Pizza... the bread... is doing this to you. This is why processed foods and sugary drinks are not our friend....they are the bad carbs that cause weight gain!

Change your eating habits to include whole foods instead of the above and you will be more satisfied and healthier.

naturescape

Answer by naturescape at 12:42 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Ever since I got the flu and couldn't eat I decided to take advantage of it and started eating small amounts and it is true! I feel full faster. I know this wasn't a diet question but I answered because it made me remember why I would devour so much pizza and then 1/2 hour later want something more.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I'm the same way lately! I eat something and then an hour later....I'm rummaging through the cabinets and fridge AGAIN!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:12 AM on Feb. 19, 2009