Facebook...

just checked out of it for a while.. I have gotten to the point that it's what I go to when I am bored and I am sick of not being able to say what I feel sometimes with it. I know that I have some people that don't like the jokes, pics, etc. that I have said.

I also have gotten sick of all the "god" posts as well. It's like, "let me post all of this, but you can't post what you want." I am tired of seeing it because that's what fills up the threads... My sis and I had a conversation last night on there and I am just sick of the judgement ya know. She is all churched out and I am not at the point in my life right now.

What I think is funny, she does not. I am tired of trying to please everyone and thinking that I am going to hurt someone's feelings at what I think is funny. FB is really starting to get on my nerves anyway.

So to make this a question...

What is something that you are giving up that you feel is consuming you?? And I say consuming because that's how I feel here lately. And I know there are things that I could and should be doing.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!!

goofygalno1

Asked by goofygalno1 at 10:47 AM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Technology

• For the next two weeks or so, watching my friend's spoiled brats will be consuming ALL my time and energy. I'll have to watch them from 8:30am-5:30pm. I'm so NOT looking forward to these 9 hour days in their filthy apartment. The only minor saving grace is that the oldest will be starting school tomorrow, so I'll be stuck with the 3 year old and the 2 year old.

I didn't mind when I told them I'd watch their kids, but now, after a weekend away, I've realized that I do NOT want to do this, at all.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:53 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Are you checking out of CM too? Or, just FB
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• FB took alot of my time back when I first joined. I just check in a couple times a month now. And more if the only way to find out about anyone is thru FB (like now a neighbor is in the hospital and her daughter posts updates) or when we were planning a family reunion for July of this year.

Enjoy the rest of your week. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:54 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I've had to cut negative people out of my life, but not things.

For Facebook, you can edit who sees what content, so generic statuses can be seen by all, jokes can be seen by a certain group of people, etc. You can also have friends but edit how much of their material shows up on your newsfeed ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:57 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I spread myself pretty thin among my vices, so I think I'm alright for now. I've figured out how to manage my FB issues without doing much. I kind of like when people go off half cocked and post something dramatic and confrontational. Usually there is a good bit of visible hypocrisy within, so I like to leave it all up for others to see. I don't post much on there and if I do, it's not personal or confrontational, or even negative really. I have a family, I don't need to share my life with hundreds of strangers and acquaintances. I like other people's pictures and posts, but that's pretty much all I use FB for.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:59 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I haven't dabbled in FB much, precisely because I've seen how much time it takes away from others around me, and how addicted they are to checking their accounts whenever they have two spare seconds in a row. I admit that sometimes CM eats up hours that I could probably spend better elsewhere.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:17 AM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I do not even bother with FB it is just a way to sell you things I also disabled it on my phone.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I signed out of it and I think I will just check it periodically or maybe just get rid of it for good. I will keep my cafemom because it seems here everyone is not biased and pretty much can be honest without it being so personal. Seems like with family they take it to another extreme.
    goofygalno1

Comment by goofygalno1 (original poster) at 1:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• LOL CM sometimes feels that way. I am here more than in the real world. When that happens I turn off my computer and refuse to turn it on or I decide that I will check in ever X number of hours.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2013