Role playing: have you tried it? how does it work, exactly? adult content

My husband and I have tried a lot of new things lately, which has been real fun, so naturally role playing has come up. It seems to be the one thing neither of us have ever done and stereotypically he said he'd love to role play w/ me in a nurses outfit...

But ALL I can picture is me laughing my ass off haha. I mean am I really supposed to pretend to be a nurse and be playful like that? Like a porno? I just think I would laugh and while I'm totally comfortable with trying something new (even if we end up laughing), just looking for some advice/tips???

Thanks!

*and no judgment please, somehow at least one woman always find a way!*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• I have no idea how it would work. Like you, I think I would end up laughing too hard for it to actually go anywhere. Plus, some of the outfits I would find a bit too disturbing - like a Girl Scout or schoolgirl one - I know they aren't into kids with the costume, but it just would bother me.

I would say, if you're going to do it, just do it. Just dress up and see what happens. I would think it's like any other kind of sex, what you two do is different from what other people do, and that's okay.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• MAybe try something easier to start with? Pretend to be strangers. Dress differently. Wear a wig. Change your makeup. Then go to the bar where he happens to be and pick him up ...
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 1:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I've tried it once or twice, just for something new and different. It can be kind of fun, but expect that you're going to giggle a lot, or even burst out laughing, at first. Just get control and move on. It doesn't have to be perfect; it's not a TV script. It's just supposed to be fun and hot. Don't take it too seriously, and decide up front that whatever comes out is just part of the good clean fun. No blood, no foul. Don't script anything too tightly; just maybe the outfits and the basic starting point, and see where it goes.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Acting, getting into character - that's what role playing is. Otherwise, it's just dressing up. My dh and I have never done role playing with outfits, but we've done situational role playing which is a little easier because for me it's more "real"

Answer by missanc at 1:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• All it is is make believe.

You can dress the part or not.
    I have often wondered why people think that laughing during role playing or sex is a bad thing. To each their own
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I feel like I could do the dress up part but id feel awkward actually role playing. I could see the fun in it but I think id stumble over what im supposed to say.. and id feel awkward playing pretend..
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 2:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• It's something fun to do... I think it would be fun to dress up ad play the part. Even if u did start laughing push past it and have fun
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I could wear an outfit maybe...but actual role playing? NOPE there is no way I could do it!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Oh lord, I can't even get into talking dirty unless I really mean it. Role playing has never been anything but a joke to me. Some people are really into it, but I just can't...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 7, 2013