Do you buy from Amazon?

I have purchased a lot of things from them over the years & have been really happy. Lately I'm getting aggravated. It seems that when I place something in my cart to buy & don't check out the same day, I go back the next day to check out & the price went up! Like they know you want it & say hey, pay more now!

Grrrr...

I just deleted everything from my cart. I was going to buy a car seat & in one day it went up $30! I'll just drive to Target & get it now. They have it for the price I was going to pay on Amazon yesterday.

Does this happen to you??

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Shopping

• Yes. It happens.
    Clear your cache before you shop. You'll get the reduced price.
    (in my experience)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 3:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Yes but I check out immediately.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 3:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• have not had prices jump on me...I usually buy from ebay though instead of Amazon...but I have bought from both
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I shop there a lot. I'm not a fan of some of their policies, but it's convenient for me to order things online and have them delivered to my doorstep instead of going to stores, and the site is easy to use. Besides, many of the survey sites I use pay with Amazon gift cards, which works for me because there's so much merchandise available that I can spend the gift cards almost like cash. It's true, though, you have to watch the prices. While some are excellent, others are sky high, and they're subject to change.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I have never had that happen but maybe it is because I buy mostly books. I can only remember placing a usedbook in my cart once and having it go up. I informed amazon and was told that the seller had been warned and if another infraction occurs it is their policy to ban that seller. That means you have to complain. They also gave me a credit which I used to buy the book from a different seller.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Yes and when I do I am usually ready to pay for my items than.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I don't shop there much, but yes, I have seen that happen.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Yes , only video Touch by an angel, sorry they did that. As a rule they are not my favorite place to shop.
    by2013

Answer by by2013 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I don't really trust buying something I cant see or touch
    cakez7936

Answer by cakez7936 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

*******

that's what reading the reviews is for ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2013