How to deal with kids with adhd?

please answer?

cakez7936

Asked by cakez7936 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• What do you mean? Before I can answer, if I will, your question needs to have more details.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Your kids or someone else's? What about the kids are you finding hard to deal with?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Lots of patience. Mine was really tough.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• "deal with"? In what capacity are you involved with kids with ADHD?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• With love and patience
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• with a belt... j/k j/k!!! <----- No, don't do that!!

lots of consistency is the key I think. I know people want to medicate, but I won't do that. I did for a while and it DOESN'T work. Or at least in my sistuation with my son. I think more of a structured home life helps. Lots of reminding and trying to write things down so they can remember it. Also, taking short breaks between things as well.

goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• You get the evaluated by a doctor who can prescribe something legal if necessary and go from there. The doctor can guide you. Though it may help to deal with it when you are not high. Mine does well on Metadate and Risperdal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• If you do decide to medicate (legally- under a Dr.'s supervision) you also have to combine that w/ behavior modification. A behavioral therapist will have some great tips. While your child's in with his counselor, maybe you could visit one yourself to work on all your issues. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2013