Where should a fractured elbow hurt?

My daughter hurt her left elbow tumbling and said it hurts on her elbow forearm and the left part of her wrist. She said it doesn't hurt as much to move it up and down but to straighten it and flip it over hurts really bad. I think she may have a hairline fracture. She had x-rays but the x-rays were done at a place that once missed her other broken arm. Should I go to a better doctor? Or should I just trust the hospital that missed a 90 degree break at her elbow? I don't know what to do and if the pain is just from a sprain or not. If this happened to your daughter what would you do? Would you take her to another doctor?

Sarah_dancer

Asked by Sarah_dancer at 3:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Health

• She may have sustained a soft tissue injury. I'm no doctor. All I can say is, if you're still worried after getting a first opinion, go somewhere else for another one. Also, if her arm was really swollen at first, X-rays might show more if you wait till the swelling goes down.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• if you are worried that they didn't catch it- go get another
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I really just don't know if it's serious or not. She told me this morning it actually didnt hurt at the moment but after school she said it hurt really bad again from carrying books around the high school all day.
    Sarah_dancer

Comment by Sarah_dancer (original poster) at 4:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Go to a different doctor and have a double check done. They should be able to help with the pain if nothing else.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Who looked at the x-ray, a tech, an ER doctor or an Orthopedic? If it wasn't an ortho, then take the X-rays to a specialist and have them look. The ER missed it when DS fractured his elbow because it was an inside fracture. Thankfully they sent us to an Ortho anyway and they caught the fracture.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• It wasn't an ER doctor it wasn't any of those I cant remember the name. And when she broke her other arm. The ER doctor said it was a sprain and it was a 90 degree break and they didnt see it till 9 days later which caused her to have to have surgery on it.
    Sarah_dancer

Comment by Sarah_dancer (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2013