Spiteful or just telling how it is

My dds dad is currently in jail. He has been in and out of her life since she was 2mnths old! Dd is 5. I also have a2 yr old by another man who helped raise my 5 yr old. Well me and my 2 yr old father are not together anymore. But is still involved in both of their life's! Well the other day my oldest had an absolute meltdown bc she wants her sisters dad to be her dad too. I went on to tell her that "bud" can be her daddy too if that's how she feels... She started cryin and said but i can't have two daddy's. I went on to tell her that you can and its ok. That seemed to help but I'm soo pissed that this I even an issue!

I am mad at my self for letting him walk in and out of her life but I was also young and stupid (17). I tried my best so that men I dated wouldn't come in and out too. So I guess my ? Is should I wright him a letter and let him know exactly what he is doing to my daughter?! I have tried to talk to him b4 he got locked up and I would get comments like " yea I bet she is trying to get ahold of me" ( left messages with his rm mate and other baby momma) the only time he speaks to my dd is I she is with his sons mom! Why bc he's mad at me bc I garnished his disability check for support! So should I wright him or no?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• Sorry, I'm not in the drama biz. I sold my theater years ago.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I am not sure why you would be around his son's mother. If that is eliminated it sounds like he is out of her life, effectively. If you write I think it will just give him more ammunition against you.
    It does not sound like he cares about her so he would only be using her to hurt you.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I let dd go to her brothers house and I pick her up from there. The sons mom is a good person and dd loves her and her brother so I don't see the harm in letting her go over their. I want her to be apart if her brothers life
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• And 9-10 times her dad isn't there
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Maybe you should have led or ended with this:

So I guess my ? Is should I wright him a letter and let him know exactly what he is doing to my daughter?

This is something only you can answer.  Will this bring you closure?  Do you expect that he will be honest and caring when you ask him this, or do you expect him to act like he has the entirety of your DD's existence?  Will you be more pissed when he gives you what you want and it ends up being empty rhetoric?  I honestly don't see the point.  He doesn't care.  You writing him a letter won't make him care more than he does now.  It will just make you more frustrated, angry and resentful.  Do what you feel you need to do.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I do think ill get some closure from sending him a letter... Idk how he will react to be honest... As far as him weighting me back I don't think he will and if he does I'm pretty sure hell say something to piss me off even more... Thanks quinmea
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I probably wouldn't bother. He'll just come up with more excuses and hurt you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I would NOT bother. It will merely cause more problems. He's dead to you.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2013