Can you play an instrument?

DivaNCali

Asked by DivaNCali at 8:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Entertainment

• French horn, baritone, trumpet and Euphonium.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 8:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• No
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• No, but it's not for a lack of trying. I started out with the clarinet in the fifth grade, but since there was no braille music, I was expected to learn by ear. There's this misconception out there that every blind person on the planet is a budding Ray Charles, which I was not. I gave up in despair after faking it through two years of elementary school band. I tried the piano for two years and got a little further, but not much past simple waltzes and the like. Then I tried guitar, but I gave that up because the blisters on my fingers inhibited my braille reading, and thus my education. I finally had to decide that singing in church and listening to others with the gift was enough.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I played the flute in middle school but got bored of it and never tried another instrument.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• now? not so much

as a kid- I took piano, violin and flute
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Piano and guitar

Answer by missanc at 9:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I can play clarinet the best (started in sixth grade, played all through high school and into college. It was my LIFE, haha - hence the screen name). Ds thinks it's the coolest thing.

But I can also pick out a little on the piano and used to know violin (5th/6th grade) and sax (learned in 8th grade. Honestly, I could probably still play... I still remember where the notes are, and it's not too different from clarinet). DH bought me a violin a while back, but I haven't had a chance to re-train myself because he works third shift and I don't want to disturb him. I've squeezed in a chance work on a scale or two here or there, but I haven't really been able to devote a lot of time to it. I would love one of those electric ones you can plug the headphones into, so I could practice in privacy... And I want to learn guitar, too.

DH plays guitar/bass and piano, as well as trombone, drums... AND he sings, haha.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Only one
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• no
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 11:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I played flute from 6th grade into college and loved it until my very last year, which was when I knew it was time to quit. I still can play some when I want to, but I don't make regular time for it nowadays.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 8, 2013