How many times did you break down and cry today?

I only lost it 3 times.I saw my dd's senior pics today. They aren't done yet, we were just able to choose our favorites. There was 1 picture where I could see my grandma (who died last Nov), my mom, my daughter and myself all in 1 pic. There were some that were ok and there were some that I absolutely love. I can't wait to see the finished product.

My babies are growing up so fast.

And my baby (who is now 12), snuggled with me for a few minutes today. I needed that.

How did the rest of you survive 1st day of school?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 8:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• Oh I cried a few times today, but nothing to do with school.
    Our puppy's ashes are ready to be picked up. :(
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Once...watching my son enter school as a 5th grader, knowing this is his last year in elementary school.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• We had our 1st day last week & it went just fine. I did cry a little yesterday when I saw the news story about the man who wrote a song for his wife who had recently passed away. He sent it in for a contest & they were so touched by the words & their love story, they made his song for him. Very touching.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• A bunch. I'm an emotional wreck
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 8:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Not today, although I've come close to tears of pure exhaustion. Kids are relentless when you're sick, especially when they don't feel well either.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 8:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• None. My kids first day was a while back and I had to work.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 8:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• once, if you count it as a cry. i choked up only for a minute while watching that damn Carters commercial "On the first day i became yours, you became mine" and its got the baby as an infant and then again on her first day of school.. yep. im sending my first born onto the bus to school for the first time ever this week :( my baby is officially not a "home with mommy" kid. sigh.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 8:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• That was last week when the schools went into lockdown on the first day of school because there was a guy on the loose who had shot and killed his parents.

My son said he was scared because he thought there was a man in the school shooting people. Sad kids even have to think that.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• None yet. SD started high school today and I'm hoping for the best for her. DD doesn't start full day kindergarten until next year. The tears will flow then, big time!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 8:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I cried alone about my parents (they're both deceased).. I wish so much for our boys that they were here...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2013