What made you think this was appropriate to tell a 17 yr old? adult content

DD told me today that ex's gf told my dd this weekend that she (ex's gf) went to a topless bar a few days ago.

Um, really? Why in the world would you tell a 17 yr old this? Let alone your bf's daughter?
Can we say inappropriate??????

Of course this is the same chick that told my dd that she read 50 Shades of Grey and that it was national go commando day (yes, the gf made sure to mention that she was participating)

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 9:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• your daughter needs to let her know that that's TMI!

she's old enough to tell her right? If not, they maybe you need to
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• idk at 17 I was sexually active and not ashamed of sex. but it is freakin weird and inappropriate to come from your ex's gf.. I would tell your ex to make sure she keeps her mouth shut.. (maybe put it a little nicer lol )
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 9:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Weird but realisticly do you really think your dd is that innocent?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Even if your daughter is old enough to know about this, it is something that your ex's gf should keep to herself, with her bf or with her own friends.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I think it's werid that the exs gf told your dd this but yea it happens! I'm sure your dd isn't 100% innocent ...
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• She is 17, not 10 . Even though you do not like what the ? Ex GF said. It is not that bad really.

Answer by louise2 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I'm not naive enough to think that my daughter is innocent. I know she isn't. But, I agree with virginiamama, that is something my ex's gf should keep to herself.

I don't really want to make a big deal of this because I like to choose my battles. I'm just trying to wrap my brain around how she thought this was ok. And trying to give my dd advice for next time.
    tempsingl3mom

Comment by tempsingl3mom (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• I've found that usually the best way to handle TMI slips is to underreact to them. Say, "Oh, yeah, okay." Someone who doesn't get a rise out of you will usually stop trying.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• She can tell if she wants to know more about her personal life, she will come to her and ask but until than she is not interested in it.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2013

• Eh my dd would ask what I'm up to.. I'd straight up say going to the strip club. I don't see the big deal.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2013