what do u think?

at my doctors apt today he said.... that i probably will have the baby in 6 weeks, since all my pregnancy's have all been induced and earlier then 40 weeks and the baby is measuring a week ahead of schedule what do u think about it?

josalin

Asked by josalin at 12:21 AM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think your doctor is an idiot. Why is he even giving you an approximate time for the baby to come already? Especially since no one knows when you naturally go into labor... since you've been induced every time. Just because you were induced at a certain time doesn't mean that all other baby's follow suit and come at that time also.

The measuring ahead is a crock and is not indicative of the baby's size. It all depends on how the baby is positioned, the level of amniotic fluids, and many other factors. Don't worry about measuring ahead or not. It means nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• what ever you feel confortable doing is the best!
    Serenityc21

Answer by Serenityc21 at 12:40 AM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I have to agree meuring the babies head is a joke. I was told my son was going to be around 9 lbs because of his head mesument he came out 4 lb 14 oz. so yea I don't trust it. if they were inducing prior to 40 weeks with out a medical reason then they are bordering malpractice. for a baby to come out on its own before that is one thing to be induce prior to 40 weeks is irrespocable unless there is a problem.
    Alyndria

Answer by Alyndria at 10:02 AM on Feb. 19, 2009