A shot during pregnancy

My doctor gave me a shot do to the fact of my blood type and said I should be fine but can someone explain to me what it really means and is my baby safe

aimem

Asked by aimem at 12:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What is your blood type and that of the baby's father. It could be an RH factor issue. I would ask the doctor, since I do not know what show was given or your blood types or history. LOL
    Eveen then I always ask why I need the shot and what it is before accepting it. You do not have to agree, you know.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• RH is the only thing I can think of. You need to talk to your doctor, which is what you should have done BEFORE he gave you a shot you know nothing about.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Rhogam is given if you have Rh negative blood. It's just to protect your baby if baby ends up having Rh positive blood. There are two shots if baby is positive (one during pregnancy and one after baby is born - like right after birth) and only one if baby ends up being Rh negative (during pregnancy). It's not a big deal. Here's more info.

http://www.pregnancycorner.com/being-pregnant/health-nutrition/rhogam.html

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Yep. That's it. No big thing.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2013