Rh negative

He said my blood type rh negative is my baby going to be okay and what does it mean to be rh negative is it bad to me or the baby plz answer my question somebody really stressing me out

aimem

Asked by aimem at 12:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Again, why didn't you ask the doctor about all of this? We aren't medical professionals. Rh negative is relatively common, the shot is to keep your body from rejecting the baby.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 12:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• This is not google. We are not doctors. These would be questions for a medical professional.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• YES< your baby is going to be OK.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:01 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• uh PLEASE ask your doctor any time you have questions I am also RH negative, I had to take some tests and have a rogam shot with my first, but not with my second, it depends on if your child has a negative blood type or not whether you get a shot and whether they get a shot. Please call your doctor tomorrow, don't consult a website. read this tonight, then call your doctor http://www.justmommies.com/articles/rh_negative.shtml

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Thanxx you
    aimem

Comment by aimem (original poster) at 1:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I am Rh negative, my dh is not. I had t get rhogam shots with both pregnancies to prevent my body from rejecting the babies. Everything will be ok it's just a quick shot in the hip.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Just means you will have a shot of Rhogam later in pregnancy, and if you child is born with RH positive blood, they will give you another shot after birth. I't snot a big deal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:05 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I am also Rh- I had to get a shots with both pregnancies during the pregnancy and after my kids were born it's quick and painless. G/L. Also ask your OB these questions they can give you more info.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Why didn't you ask the doctor?

Answer by louise2 at 3:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• They will just give you a shot and you continue on with the pregnancy. Not a big deal like it used to be in the past. No worries!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2013