What the hell was this?

Yes, I do believe in the paranormal so don't read on if that bothers you...

I woke up at 4am this morning with my tv in the living room on at a very low volume, on a channel we never watch to a very old episode of Law & Order.. haha a show we never watch... no one else was awake, and the cats couldn't have stepped on the remote that was high above where I put it.

It felt eery and not calm at all in my house when I awoke and went to turn it off.
I got seriously creeped out, we have a routine at night where we turn everything off and lock the doors, and we weren't even drinking. So, what? Entertaining opinions very welcome.

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 1:18 AM on Sep. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Our ceiling fan/light likes to turn on by itself...

Just ask them politely to stop playing with your electronics.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:35 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Our fan is on a remote too, so I've gone outside at 3 am, and pointed my remote at every house near us, watching for someone's light to come on. It didn't.
    On Saturday, I was telling a friend about some spooky thing that had happened, and as I was telling her, my phone beeped, notification that my hubby posted on FB, and he posted that the fan had just turned on!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:02 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• A remote on the same frequency?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• I worked at a summer camp once where a young woman was tragically killed in an accident involving a tractor pulling a hayride wagon. After that incident, many people heard footsteps in the main building. The footsteps would always enter by the kitchen door, which was locked, then go across the kitchen and the dining hall, down the main stairs, and out the big front doors, even if they were also locked. Those of us who were there for a long time just figured it was the ghost on patrol. She never harmed anything.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Was the temperature cooler in that room?
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:20 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Good question KTElite. I grew up in a house where you could clearly hear "someone" walking around all the time. My mom heard it, I heard it, my boyfriend heard it. It never creeped me out. It was just the house ghost. I've never had any other paranormal thing happen.
    musicmaker

Answer by musicmaker at 1:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• We've always had a spirit roaming our home. At times you feel cold air around you and it has nothing to do with fans, Windows, AC etc.
    We hear someone whistling. Steps in the hallway, which invariably we always get up and check it out.
    I firmly believe in spirits or ghosts!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• That is strange.

I do know that spirits are more prevalent between the hours of midnight and 3:00 a.m

Hence the saying "The Witching Hour"
    I know way too much due to my up bringing, lol
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 1:46 AM on Sep. 4, 2013

• Sometimes you can program the cable box or remote to go to a certain channel at a certain time. If it happens again, see if it's been programed. Otherwise, I'd just do what Party Gal suggested & just ask them nicely to stop playing with your stuff. Hopefully they will listen.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2013

• We have had Dish and Direct tv. And both. We have had that happen. At first I told my DH we have a ghost. Then he called and we found out. That every bodies remote is on the same default frequency.  So we get it changed when it happens.

Answer by louise2 at 6:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2013